PDA

View Full Version : Axle help..?

Sportrax10
04-18-2004, 01:25 PM
What do I do if the right side of the axle is too bent to take out of the bearing carrier? Can I take off the rear sprocket hub to pull it off from the other side?

Sportrax10
04-18-2004, 02:22 PM
bump!

4wheelboy
04-18-2004, 02:27 PM
i would say your going to have to cut the bent part of the axle. i had to tak my sproket hub off and i wouldint budge even wen we put it in a hydralic press :o

Sportrax10
04-18-2004, 02:34 PM
hmmm

liljosht
04-18-2004, 02:40 PM
i dont think the hub comes off.my dad tried to take it off in a press to and wouldnt budge

get a sawz-all of a cut off wheel and cut dat ***** off

i have a durablue axle stock length and its heavy duty.pm me if ur interested

hondafreestyler
04-18-2004, 03:44 PM
durablue isn't heavy duty ... rpm is

Sportrax10
04-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by hondafreestyler
durablue isn't heavy duty ... rpm is
Thats what I have ordered...:macho

liljosht
04-18-2004, 04:02 PM
they make a heavy duty axle:rolleyes:

skidaddyjr
04-18-2004, 09:26 PM
The spocket hub or driven side sprocket holder will come off, but it is not removable while on the bike. You will have to put it in a press 30 ton or larger,yes they are hard to find put pressure on the hub enough to expose a snap ring, remove the ring, and drive it (the hub) off the axle. Alot of work. To answer the removal of the bent axle would be to remove the brake caliper,right hub&wheel,and caliper holder,lockring and loosen the bearing carrier allen bolts to remove the axle carrier at one time, do not forget to remove the chain and skidpan first!

Sportrax10
04-19-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by skidaddyjr
The spocket hub or driven side sprocket holder will come off, but it is not removable while on the bike. You will have to put it in a press 30 ton or larger,yes they are hard to find put pressure on the hub enough to expose a snap ring, remove the ring, and drive it (the hub) off the axle. Alot of work. To answer the removal of the bent axle would be to remove the brake caliper,right hub&wheel,and caliper holder,lockring and loosen the bearing carrier allen bolts to remove the axle carrier at one time, do not forget to remove the chain and skidpan first!
I already have all of that off, but the axle wont slide out of the carrier because its too bent. Today its getting either bent back enough to get it off, or cut.

JOEX
04-19-2004, 09:04 AM
Try pulling the carrier out at the same time. Depending on how bent the axle is, this might work.

Sportrax10
04-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Today I had my friend take it too his shop and have it cut with a plasma cutter... I got my RRM today cant wait to put it on and see how it looks. Then by next weekend I should have gotten all the parts to finish it and ill post a before and after. Should be sick...:blah: