PDA

View Full Version : Gas pours out vent when I wheelie

mc1984
04-18-2004, 10:50 AM
I have a 93 300ex. When I ride a wheelie and have the front end way up, gas pours out my vent tube down on the swingarm. I am assuming this is the vent tube for the carb. I dont think there is anything wrong it is just at such an angle that the fuel is running out. I was wondering, has anyone found a way to prevent this? If so what could I do? I saw somw sort of vent it Chapparal that looks like it still allows it to vent but with out fuel loss. Anybody tried it??? Thanks in advance for your help, I appreciate it!!!
Mike

Towlieee
04-18-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by mc1984
I have a 93 300ex. When I ride a wheelie and have the front end way up, gas pours out my vent tube down on the swingarm. I am assuming this is the vent tube for the carb. I dont think there is anything wrong it is just at such an angle that the fuel is running out. I was wondering, has anyone found a way to prevent this? If so what could I do? I saw somw sort of vent it Chapparal that looks like it still allows it to vent but with out fuel loss. Anybody tried it??? Thanks in advance for your help, I appreciate it!!!
Mike

its casue the float in your bowl stays open..

its not the gas tanks vent, its hte carbs vent...

when your at such a angle gas just dumps into the carb, sure you could plug the hole, or re-route the dump lines so it dosne't dump gas out, but the gas has to go somewhere, and in your engine is the only place..

however i'd rather dump gas then kill my motor by flooding it...

sweet300ex
04-18-2004, 01:47 PM
its normal, mine does it too

sparks400
04-18-2004, 09:02 PM
mine does it to but i see these other 400's not doin it y's that

TCracin440ex
04-18-2004, 09:44 PM
search button was put on this site for a reason....this topic came up earlier this week

Cody_300ex
04-18-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
search button was put on this site for a reason....this topic came up earlier this week

;)