PDA

View Full Version : stumped

zlam27
04-18-2004, 09:53 AM
i have an 01' 400ex with a PC T-4 and an outerwear over a K&N (elevation about 700 ft, about 70 degrees outside). i just modified my airbox lid like the EHS lids (bolting an outerwear over a hole in the lid).

anyway, i had been running a 158 main and a 42 pilot (choke was removed). it seemed to be running pretty good when the lid was on, but now that i cut most of the top out it seems to have lost some torque. it feels like it gained quite a bit of topend. so if i lost low-mid power and gained topend what should i do. do i move the clip on the needle?

in the old dirtwheels article they tested a T-4 with a K&N and an open airbox under relatively the same conditions (a few hundred feet lower elevation) and said a 155 was about perfect. any ideas?

zach

ReconRider25
04-18-2004, 01:58 PM
more airflow helps topend more. if you loose some backpressure from making things free er flowing you will loose some bottom end.

alty
04-18-2004, 07:28 PM
I think your pretty close on jetting.I run a full HMF,K&N with outter wear and EHS lid.I am at 950 ft elevation and run a 158 kehin mj,needle in stock location,pj at 2.5 out.I still think I'm rich.Going to do a plug chop next weekend with a 155mj.