PDA

View Full Version : Want To Jump Doubles But Scared

Acidburn
04-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey i own and 400ex with a White Brothers E-Series Silencer, and ever thing else is stock, but anyways i was out riding at a private track and i just hit the table taps and mess around well some guys come out there and they were jumping the doubles and they were doing it like it was just so easy i want to jump them so bad but i am afraid of caseing them, and my dad is like well you better not because you can't even clear the table tops and im like uhh your not really suppose to are you? i mean i see alot of people jump them the way i do, yes they can be cleared but i do it like i want to, well anyways give me some tips on jumping a double will ya please this way i don't go out there knowing nothing and case the damn thing or over shoot it. Thanks

-Gary

yam450_53
04-18-2004, 10:14 AM
Visit my web page and go to the tip tricks. Here's the link:http://www.freewebs.com/quadfmx

Acidburn
04-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Thanks man, i will have to try it when i get back up there

Berry
04-18-2004, 10:58 AM
yea your supposed to clear table tops! they make the landing like that so if you come up short like you are, you wont get hurt! doubles are more dangerous, be careful on them!

keep in mind, when your approching the jump make shure you know weather your jumping it or your not, dont chicken out at the very end! and try to over jump the double because its always better to over jump than it is to under jump!!!!

SRH
04-18-2004, 08:55 PM
youll get it eventually, but why post this in the freestyle section? fmx is for advanced jumping, goodluck getting it down

Acidburn
04-18-2004, 09:34 PM
well because you gots are more experienced and stuff so sorta thats why and im just asking for a lil help thats all :).

TCracin440ex
04-18-2004, 10:04 PM
you are posta clear table tops....but like these guys said....if your going to do it...do it....also...this is what helps....get behind some1...watch how they do it and their body english...listen to the sound of their motor...if you hear them goose it....you goose it also...overshooting is better than undershooting...smacking the backside of a landing ramp aint fun...also on your table tops...right when your comming to them stand up in a crouched position and when you get to the top of the ramp....goose it...best way to learn how to double is off a mx track...that away no pressure is on....build a small jump something to get good on and once you have masterd the small jumps....apply the same skill to the larger jumps that you did with the smaller jumps..

Acidburn
04-19-2004, 01:09 PM
these tops are huge though well at least some of them now i see bikes jump them all the time, but i still havnt got guts to actually try to clear them. i will work it up over time though

250rmike
04-19-2004, 08:03 PM
how big are the doubles are they the size of the tables if they are i would say not try them until you feel comfortable clearing the table. if they are smaller just jump em like a single jump a few times to gauge how much speed you need then just go for it. i was nervous the first time i jumped a double back when i did it, for me it was big i think the gap was about 15ft and i was jumping around 25ft. but i jumped it once without clearing just landing in the center then i just went for it. once you get the first one out of the way others will be easy. i was the first to jump that double of my friends but once i did it they just followed me over it so you might wanna try following someone also. and yes dont decide not to do it once you commit cause you'll get hurt worse

Acidburn
04-19-2004, 08:14 PM
there are 3 doubles, one expert and 2 small ones i belive i can make the one but i was a lil scared :) but i will try it

thejeepdude
04-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Acidburn
there are 3 doubles, one expert and 2 small ones i belive i can make the one but i was a lil scared :) but i will try it

Let us know how much it hurts :p

outacontrol31
04-20-2004, 07:36 AM
keep in mind if your going east to west while your jumping you will go about 10 feet farther than if you were going west to east cause the earths rotation will carry you farther

Just kiddin man you go balstothewalls and you be alright:devil:

Acidburn
04-20-2004, 12:27 PM
haha i was gonna say bro, these doubles are not big in gap wise they are just tall. im gonna try it when ever i get back up there it is like a 4 hour drive from my house.

WOracing
04-20-2004, 12:58 PM
The double at my house has a 20 ft gap in it...its not to bad but none of my other freinds will try it:confused: im not sure why though....its not that big lol

JHF219
04-22-2004, 03:23 PM
man when i see a double i estimate what gear im going to use remember i have an R so there is a little difference in jumpin a 4 stroke and 2 stroke i honestly just gas it and hang on!! i built a 70 foot double in my field and tested the take off a few times just to make sure the throw was right and didnt launch me all retarted ! after i was sure of the launch i picked 4th gear and half throttle coming up to it then bout 30 feet in front i gassed it and hung ever since then it has seemed like a small jump to me

Adrenalinerush
04-23-2004, 11:48 AM
awhen ever i jump a new jump i always plan onover shooting it the first couple of time cause htne yu know how muhc throttale you will need to land on the down side. yes table tops are ment to be cleared. and if yuo case it then you case it. i have done it many of times nad well i'm still up and kicking "your biggest introductipon to motocross is you first wreck" just gotta do it and well like i always say when in doubt GAS IT!!!!

RH1N08d9
04-23-2004, 03:46 PM
I don't think anyone has mentioned this but I will. I think it helps if you know how to control the atv completely before doing anything real big. I only jump a little 20ft double right now, but as soon as I learn how to control the bike with the rear brake, and the throttle, then I will start going bigger! I think it's really important to do that in case you get squirrely in the air!

thejeepdude
04-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by RH1N08d9
I don't think anyone has mentioned this but I will. I think it helps if you know how to control the atv completely before doing anything real big. I only jump a little 20ft double right now, but as soon as I learn how to control the bike with the rear brake, and the throttle, then I will start going bigger! I think it's really important to do that in case you get squirrely in the air!

I second this. I was hitting a jump yesterday that had a little divit about 1' before the takeoff point. It didn't affect the front end much, but when the back tires hit, it threw me way forward and the only reason I didn't nose dive into the flats was because I was able to upshift and punch the throttle... and it was still close enough to a crash to to make the onlookers gasp... riding on the edge is fun, but just be careful how far past the edge you want to go and be prepared to pay for it. :)

400ex#18
04-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Just go for it. A little motto i like is "Expect the worst. Hope for the best!" Then just nail it, and hang on. Besides, well with me anyway, if you crash enough it doesn't hurt to much afterwards. Just wear the propper gear and go for it. Land rubber side down!:blah:

Kilabanshee
04-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Yeah hit that shiz no pain no gain!

400ex#18
04-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Kilabanshee
Yeah hit that shiz no pain no gain!

thats right! Pain is weakness leaving the body!

cain73
04-27-2004, 10:20 PM
That's right pain is weakness leaving the body, but be mindful of how much weakness you are willing to part with at one time.
and man that phrase sounds familiar..... Oh that's right I am the one that originally posted it on this site a long time ago. Well I am glad to see that someone appreciates my input and sayings. One problem there is a small matter of payment for using my material. Don't worry 400ex18 you can pay me in installments :D .

ShiftFMX
04-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Get it on tape...so either way, u'll have sweet footage...of a smooth jump...or a nice casing ;)

LilDacktyle
04-28-2004, 09:12 PM
you should just go for it. you need to over jump it then under jump it. i cased a 60 foot jump and i hit my mouth on the handle bars and knocked out 2 teeth, knocked one backwards, and knocked one tooth up. so i think you should over clear it if anything. if you crash very bad, you wont even feel it cause your body will go into shock. so dont worry.

roostin_dale
04-28-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Killa250ex
Get it on tape...so either way, u'll have sweet footage...of a smooth jump...or a nice casing ;)

yep:devil:

thats what i did on my first BIG jump, so if i did case it, i would have some footage for "Real TV"