PDA

View Full Version : How to clear a double in Tn.

CatMostFeared
04-18-2004, 09:27 AM
This is the wrong way to clear a double not enough speed.

CatMostFeared
04-18-2004, 09:28 AM
This is the right way

cheetah
04-18-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by CatMostFeared

That's how I did it too.:o

thomez
04-18-2004, 10:10 AM

That reminds me of watching the start in FL .... there was that bump before you got into the woods and I couldn't count how many guys almost went over like that :eek2:

And then 1 kid in the youth class did. Poor kid :eek2:

pairanutz
04-18-2004, 11:10 PM
nice air-i wish i did it like that
i didnt get as much air as the c-dale

Carl Nevins
04-19-2004, 04:04 PM
that was an easy double, i didn't know it was a double the first lap but made it smoothly looks like some didn't. the second double after the step up was a little tougher.

motmike8485
04-19-2004, 05:25 PM
i hope harlen got the pic of duvall's pass on page on the last trip through the motocross section, chad was the only rider doing that double all day, that's how to clear a double. it was the double right after the last 180 turn towards the scoreing tower.

chad duvall
04-19-2004, 09:11 PM
I have to post this here because I was totally stunned with my mouth opened when I seen My Husband Chad do the motocross track. (this is his wife in case you didnt figure it out)
I was walking on the road to the road crossing when they came out on the first lap. I watched for chad as he went onto the track and he was then battling it out with greg trew. On the back double by the road(where the pond was) he doubled it right over gregs head and passed him. I about peeded in my pants radio'in to Bryan what I had seen. Then coming back from the road crossing at the end I again watched him in total shock as he passed brad on a double again. This is so hard for me to beleive because he has ALWAYS said 4 wheels are for the ground and two wheels are for air. (incase you didnt know in chad's teen/20 years he motocrossed on two wheels). I guess you do get better with age!! HA HA

ILGNCC400EX
04-19-2004, 09:48 PM
. (incase ). I guess you do get better with age!! HA HA [/B][/QUOTE] in chads case yes

CatMostFeared
04-20-2004, 12:29 AM
I get better with age.:macho

popo
04-20-2004, 06:03 AM
I get better with age.:macho

It's working the opposite for me.

Carl Nevins
04-20-2004, 07:42 AM
i was sitting on the side of the rode, on the last lap when he passed page it was a wild pass for a quad.

cdalejef
04-20-2004, 07:45 AM
I think Harlen got video of me doubling over Johnny C! :macho

team_450_88
04-20-2004, 05:22 PM
post some more pics of the mx part of the track i wanna see what some of the jumps look like...unless they are gonna chage them for gnc races !!

cdalejef
04-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by team_450_88
post some more pics of the mx part of the track i wanna see what some of the jumps look like...unless they are gonna chage them for gnc races !! That track is super easy, I can't see why it gets so much attention from the MX races that they run there. :confused:

kyex40047
04-20-2004, 07:48 PM
I had a fun time watching the PM race and seeing people try that little double jump. Half of them would get up to it then back off at the last second and they would bust their chins on their crossbar pads, either you jump it or don't. My dad told me that there were people trying it on V forces during my race, almost none made it, one almost ran him over.

Lil - Braff
04-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by kyex40047
Half of them would get up to it then back off at the last second and they would bust their chins on their crossbar pads,

I saw a lot of that during the AM race! There were a few nice wreckson that double and the big tabletop. I just hope everyone was okay and not hurt to bad.

motoboy66
04-21-2004, 01:49 PM
I have a picture of that pass. It was pretty wild. I will post it on here tonight when I get home.

Todd

motoboy66
04-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Here is the pass.

countypark
04-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Was that the jump after the step-up?

cdalejef
04-22-2004, 08:17 AM
That is the one before the scoring tower

chad cavagnaro
04-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by chad duvall
I have to post this here because I was totally stunned with my mouth opened when I seen My Husband Chad do the motocross track. (this is his wife in case you didnt figure it out)
I was walking on the road to the road crossing when they came out on the first lap. I watched for chad as he went onto the track and he was then battling it out with greg trew. On the back double by the road(where the pond was) he doubled it right over gregs head and passed him. I about peeded in my pants radio'in to Bryan what I had seen. Then coming back from the road crossing at the end I again watched him in total shock as he passed brad on a double again. This is so hard for me to beleive because he has ALWAYS said 4 wheels are for the ground and two wheels are for air. (incase you didnt know in chad's teen/20 years he motocrossed on two wheels). I guess you do get better with age!! HA HA

hello chad's wife.
sorry, dont know youre name. about seeing chad in motocross section: ya, my girlfriend was stunned also.... she loves chad, in a fan type of way. we met him in texas in the morn. she got his autograph and he was super friendly, and very cool!!! he was awsome in tenn. in the moto section. i have some brief footage of him on film, but it is in the distance, when he got closer to our video camera... it completely died...batery!!! i know youre proud of him and his fans are too!!,
chad cavagnaro

CatMostFeared
04-23-2004, 01:16 AM
Here's Jeff doing the double over Johnny C:macho

CatMostFeared
04-23-2004, 01:17 AM
Here's how I do the double

popo
04-23-2004, 06:12 AM
Marty, I think mine was about 20 feet lower than your monster jump.