PDA

View Full Version : Pro Flow Air Filter

jeepeater347
04-18-2004, 08:01 AM
Is it really needed on the 450 I would think the stock one would seal up just as good

kazpr
04-18-2004, 03:09 PM
No idea was going to order one next week. What you all think? Guess it could not hurt atleast.

04-18-2004, 04:44 PM
When i put a Sparks Racing filter kit on my bike it wouldn't start. I had to kick it 10 or 15 times. I already had everything else on it. That is because I was running lean now, getting more air. I moved my needle up one notch. Bingo starts first kick again and runs stronger on the low end. I think A filter kit is worth it.

2004TRX450R
04-19-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
When i put a Sparks Racing filter kit on my bike it wouldn't start. I had to kick it 10 or 15 times. I already had everything else on it. That is because I was running lean now, getting more air. I moved my needle up one notch. Bingo starts first kick again and runs stronger on the low end. I think A filter kit is worth it.

That's interesting as at idle and start up the filter isn't restricting it at all. So a new filter or even no filter shouldn't change it. Also moveing the needle effects the mid throttle position not closed throttle position so that shouldn't effect starting either. You would need to adjust your pilot screw if it was lean at idle/start up.