PDA

View Full Version : raptor

Jimford
04-17-2004, 10:52 PM
I finally rode a raptor today. It didn't feel that much faster than my 400ex untill 3rd gear. Holy $hit! But my four wheeler was totaly better handling wise. Wow was that thing top heavy. On two wheels around corners that my 400 stuck too. It was fun to ride but I wouldn't want one. That thing definitely ripped! I raced him and beat him in a drag. Loose gravel. I have a WB e-series/UNI he is stock. But once that thing got going it was fast! I wont bash any quad. That thing was pretty cool! Just my opinion!

cpjones1231
05-01-2004, 02:51 PM
I raced a friend of mine on his Raptor with my 400 he has a DMC pipe and he beat me by about 4 lengths drag racing, but he cant hang on a M/X track

LTandRaptorider
05-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Jimford
I finally rode a raptor today. It didn't feel that much faster than my 400ex untill 3rd gear. Holy $hit! But my four wheeler was totaly better handling wise. Wow was that thing top heavy. On two wheels around corners that my 400 stuck too. It was fun to ride but I wouldn't want one. That thing definitely ripped! I raced him and beat him in a drag. Loose gravel. I have a WB e-series/UNI he is stock. But once that thing got going it was fast! I wont bash any quad. That thing was pretty cool! Just my opinion!

That's the biggest complaint I have with my Raptor... too tall. Especially after me being used to my low and wide Lt. But the Raptor has balls! The 400ex def. handles much better than the Raptor. I put wheel extenders on the Raptor, which helped it out.

Mr.Offroad
05-21-2004, 10:28 PM
The cool thing for me when I bought my Raptor, was that I had ridden nothing but 3-wheelers since '83, and I was used to using a lot of body english side-hilling and cornering. So to me it feels rock-solid. But I know what yer sayin'. They are tall.

outofsight
06-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Iv drove my friends raptor before and all I can remember is it has a nice mid and topend pull to it. Last time i seen him i had just my warrior. I want to race him but how would it compare to my ex with biggun complete exhaust and no airbox lid with jetting?

Jimford
06-06-2004, 08:33 PM
It depends on your start. He couldn't keep up with me on the trails. But I am a better rider than him. There mid range punch is good. If you could get him off the start you might be able to hold him off. But if its on a long strait away he will get by you, I think. They got 260 more cc's. I hope Honda comes out with something sick like the 650 everyones talking about!

dreth
06-10-2004, 03:50 PM
remember that speed isnt everything!!! handling is very important,and besides the faster you go the harder you hit! maybe not today but eventually.