PDA

View Full Version : Ebay, deadbeat bidder

brif
04-17-2004, 08:05 PM
I recently put acouple things on ebay to sell. Would you believe each item was won and the winnig bidder will not pay for the item they won. The one guy actually outbid 4 other people in the last 30min of the auction to win it. My question is there anything I can do beside leaving negative feedback? It kinda sucks I now have to pay out of my pocket because the items sold or is there a way I can get out of paying the fees. The one guy(obviously a kid )gave me some lame excuse but, the other guy never even replied to me. The first things I ever sold on ebay and I get screwed.

RMX500
04-17-2004, 08:06 PM
sue them.

schmitthead
04-17-2004, 08:27 PM
:D

04-17-2004, 08:33 PM
you can file a non paying bidder report & you get your ebay fees returned to your account...sounds like bad luck to me. also be careful aboyut leaving negative feedback to them b/c they will usually retaliate even though yo udid nothing wrong ;) sorry about your bad experience but I sell hundreds of things on ebay & none of them are usually a problem & if there is I get it solved

nightrider05
04-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey, I had the same thing happen to me. I put a shock on ebay for a dirtbike and the guy that bought it all the sudden said it was the wrong one so he didnt want it.You can send a "Second Chance" offer to the underbidder. Basically they become the winner of the auction and it plays out from there. Hope that helps.

crday98
04-18-2004, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
also be careful aboyut leaving negative feedback to them b/c they will usually retaliate even though yo udid nothing wrong
i agree 100% i never leave feedback anymore until it is left for me.i bought a game on ebay and paid instantly for it at the end of the auction.it took almost 2 months to get to me along with numerous emails contacting the seller with no replies.of course i left negative feedback only to get negative feedback in return stating that my item was shipped in a timely manner.(maybe he still sends his mail on horseback?:rolleyes: )it is the only negative feedback out of 90 i have and it pisses me off:mad:

MXR6racer
04-18-2004, 02:11 PM
I put in my listings DONT BID IF YOU HAVE 0 OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK cause your bid will be cancelled,that usaully keeps the trash out :)

crday98
04-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by MXR6racer
I put in my listings DONT BID IF YOU HAVE 0 OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK cause your bid will be cancelled,that usaully keeps the trash out :) is that fair to discriminate someone who is about to make their first purchase on ebay or mark someone who has 1 negative feedback?i have 1 negative feedback due to an idiot(read above) but have been an outstanding seller and buyer with the other 89 transactions i have done.

MXR6racer
04-18-2004, 02:28 PM
If someone has 89 positive and 1 negative that is different,i am talking about people that have -5 feedback,I sell alot on e bay there is every kind of bidder out there........