PDA

View Full Version : new 400

03-14-2002, 09:31 PM
I'm buying a new 400 this weekend. Does anyone know what the best way to break them in is. The dealers answer didn't seem right to me. Also, would you wait till after break in to make any mods.

03-15-2002, 05:35 AM
the best way i heard to break in a 400, which i did with mine, is to ride it for ten minutes then let i completely cool down. then ride it for twenty minutes and let it cool completely down. then ride for 30 minutes and let it cool completely down, then your all set, but never exceed half throttle while breaking it in, and i would definately wait til its broken in too do any mods

mopar 400
03-15-2002, 03:40 PM
Finally goin to go out a spend some of that hard earned money huh? Well to break it in the last reply states not to go over half throttle, yet he fails to mention not to let the bike just sit in the garage and idle for half an hour. This is what one dealership told me? They have got to be f----- up in the head or something. What you want to do is ride the bike for ten, let it cool, then do the same for twenty then 30 minutes. MAKE sure not to rev to high, stay below half throttle, and no matter how hard it is to hold bnack, do not run WOT. (wide open throttle).

Later bro and hope you can keep up!!!!!!

DiceMan400
03-17-2002, 12:02 AM
What I did was I took it out for a couple of hours at the sand pits by me....... I took it easy and never hit my rev limiter...... The whole time I had it out I would just pull over every 20 mins and let it rest for about ten mins....... My quad broke in perfectly fine....