PDA

View Full Version : Southern Indiana

cliq20
04-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Looking for more people to ride with in southern indiana that like to ride fairly hard harescramble/woods riding. i seem to have lost most of my riding buddies lately. i'm so fired up about riding i can taste it but i have no one to ride with. i just raced myself for 2 hours today. what fun...
i ride my 350 acres and 15 miles of trails. mostly woods. just really looking for more people to ride/race (practice) with for harescrambles. near Bedford, IN
the more the merrier.

TORO1968
04-17-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm from Lafayette, but my buddies and I are always looking for a new place to ride...

Is this place you ride your own private land or do you have permission? Just wondering, since I don't feel comfortable riding on someone else's property without asking for permission.

Later,
Jordan

cliq20
04-17-2004, 11:25 PM
my grandma owns it. we've been riding there for years. don't worry about that. let me know if you wanna come down sometime.

cliq20
04-29-2004, 04:46 AM
anyone?

ponch
04-29-2004, 08:18 AM
Going riding Friday at Mountain Parkway in Clay city if interested.

markk
04-29-2004, 08:37 AM
I live in southern illinois, And myself, and a few freinds on here, are also looking for new places to ride, We also race harescrambles, If u wanta get a ride going some weekend im sure that we would be more that willing to take the haul to ride one day! If u want just send me a pm or reply back, It would probley be myself and 3-4 buddies!

cliq20
04-29-2004, 08:37 AM
where exactly is that? is it MX?

cliq20
04-29-2004, 09:20 AM
where in Illinois? we could meet at spurgeon it's about .5 hours from evansville. i measured off a 10 mile harescramble loop and it would be about a half hour 45 minute loop. it's pretty fun at my place.
there's also a place near a park that we ride that has about 2000 acres. we can get about a 45 minute loop going there too.

it would be a couple weekends because of sparta and the next weekend a local place is racing a harescramble but let me know and i'll go anytime.

and bring whomever!

pairanutz
04-30-2004, 01:48 AM
cliq20-what class you racing in at sparta
is this an open invite to ride your track or is it invatation only
what you rig you gonna be in at sparta -would like to meet you and see about ridin

cliq20
04-30-2004, 04:44 AM
i'm not racing this time. i'll be driving a silver bravada with IU plates. probably be near the KY riders area or around a trailer that says Cycle Shack. anyone is welcome to ride with me. all my boys have bailed and it's hard for me to find anyone to go. just contact me when you want to come and i'll work something out. 3-4 people at a time is fine. thanks!

jesshamner
04-30-2004, 06:58 AM
Hey man, I might be able to help you out! Some friends and I are always looking for a place to ride. Bedford isn't that far from us. I know how to get to Stone City Ranch. You don't live far from there right? I'll be out of school and back home next Sunday. We should definitely set something up. Did you ride the first long course race at Stone City Ranch? What class? What place?

cliq20
04-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
Hey man, I might be able to help you out! Some friends and I are always looking for a place to ride. Bedford isn't that far from us. I know how to get to Stone City Ranch. You don't live far from there right? I'll be out of school and back home next Sunday. We should definitely set something up. Did you ride the first long course race at Stone City Ranch? What class? What place?

i'm about 5 miles from there. come up anytime. we also ride at the quarries which have about 2000 acres. i have about 350 acres but lots of trails. let me know when you want to come and i'll work something out.

i raced the b class and finished behind you and that yfz (his name is "pig" and he rides the c class in GNCC - he's 6th in points in that class not sure why he rode B) in third. i rode a white z400. that was my first race. i'm looking to go to more but i'm kinda limited since my wife is pregnant, i don't have anyone to go with since all my buddies are selling their's and i'm friends with some that race but i don't feel like i'm in their "group"(not quite as fun), and i'm a CPA and run a 60 cow beef farm. i'm going to try to make all the close races maybe start racing haspin but for sure all the stone city ones.

let me know and keep in touch. gonna be nasty this weekend but maybe we can talk at sparta.

jesshamner
04-30-2004, 08:02 AM
Come hang out at the kyriders area. I'll be there probably. I'm heading towards sparta this evening. I should be there around 7:30-8.

ponch
04-30-2004, 10:21 AM
How far from Louisville are you? I'm just bought my first quad and I'm looking for places to ride my Cannondale. Maybe we could have a group ride there?

cliq20
04-30-2004, 10:32 AM
cool, i'll try to look you guys up in the monsoon.
you racing?

cliq20
04-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by ponch
How far from Louisville are you? I'm just bought my first quad and I'm looking for places to ride my Cannondale. Maybe we could have a group ride there?

i'm about 1 hr 15 minutes from louisville. i'm up for any ride anytime. probably don't want more than 8 or so going at a time. gives me an excuse for more rides. also more than that on the 2000 acres draws a lot of attention. there are sometimes CO's patrolling the area but they can't catch anyone. a local limestone quarry owns it and they can't for insurance purposes "allow" anyone to ride.

cliq20
04-30-2004, 10:36 AM
and my place is more fun with 8 or so because i can keep track of everyone better. less chance of wrecks and lost people.

cliq20
05-01-2004, 06:11 PM
jess-

what a mess. tried to find you all today but couldn't find ya. email me at cliq20@dmrtc.net and maybe we can get together. i'm racing at stone city this weekend and going to practice one evening. let me know if you want to ride sometime soon. should have raced today, actually looked fun!

ponch
05-01-2004, 08:59 PM
What times can you practice at Stone city?

cliq20
05-01-2004, 10:28 PM
i don't think they'll let you practice but you can practice at my place which is about 5 miles from there. anyone can practice there anytime. as long as you contact me. i'm always looking to find more people to ride.

cliq20
05-06-2004, 02:55 PM
bump to get more response!

05-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Were you located at in Louisville Ponch??

I live in the southend of Louisville myself.

ponch
05-06-2004, 04:14 PM
I live in Highview/fern creek, right across from Valu-Market in Apple Valley

lukester720
05-11-2004, 03:34 PM
I ride at haspin and sometimes cross into bedford, KY to ride at bucks run mx park. if you guys ever head to these places give me a shout out.