PDA

View Full Version : my band finsihed recording

Greg Z
04-17-2004, 01:51 PM
hey well my band finished recording. I really like our song called sever my heart away I think thats our best song. were a melodic hardcore band. if you dont like hardcore dont even bother listining :)

-Greg

www.purevolume.com/whatwouldyoudiefor

just click on a song and then press play let it load and it will play by it self

derekhonda
04-17-2004, 02:36 PM
i think "what would you die for" is the only song that you can listen to

Greg Z
04-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
i think "what would you die for" is the only song that you can listen to there is no song called what would you die for lol

thats the bands name...

click on the site when u get there look to your right you will see 3 names in this order

Person in Me
Sever my Heart away
Hatred with that Passion

;)

just click one of thoughs then hit the play button and it will start loading and it will play once its done loading

-Greg

JTRtrx250r
04-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey..ya gotta start somewhere..,

other than working on your meters, and that barkin' growlie chit, they could be heavy , theres alotta cool bands that could sound beafy..but that "pissed off dog thing" just ruin's it;) lyrically..its not audioable, Im not doggin' ya..just not my thing/style , Im a jammer myself(16 yrs) so I do understand the band thing, if the singer tries a new direction..(w/ a real tech exercise teacher) ya never know what might become of it, keep up the practice dudes :)

04-17-2004, 06:46 PM
you guys sound awesome :eek2:

wut instrument do u play in the band

CowsBitePeople
04-17-2004, 11:49 PM
my band is startin to record, were like an alternative, but more like a new kind of music, We are becomeing well known in my area:D song sounds great:macho

blasty02
04-18-2004, 02:32 AM
hey im over my friends house right now so im postin on here ..

Im singer, :) a lot of people that dont like that type of music give me a lot of crap about it but in my town and in school were well known. we have fun with it you know we dont take it VERY seriously. But its all about fun you know? All opinions are appreciated! We are making CD covers and labels now when were done with it ill be able to send you demos to you all for free. The CD has better quality :)

BTW
On pure volume that website we were on the top most played band list on the harcore GENRE we were number 4 on it. and right now on the top most listend song AVG all 3 songs are on it. .
In this order on the list 1. Sever my heart away 2. Person in me

and i think number 10 is hatred with that passion!

thanks guys today OVERALL we had 250 PLAYS!!!!! JUst from today

-Greg

ReconRider25
04-18-2004, 08:45 AM
the riffs are awesome but i can barely understand what ur sayin.:confused:

04-18-2004, 09:36 AM
acually i like it alot! besides the people talkinging like a sickdog...

Greg Z
04-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
the riffs are awesome but i can barely understand what ur sayin.:confused: well..

in hardcore usally you dont know what there saying until you see the lyrics youll understand fully trust me.. i showed my mom the lyrics before i played it to her and she understand them. you have to adapt with the scream to really understand.. anyways

www.whatwouldyoudiefor.tk

go there then hit lyrics we got our lyrics on there if your interested.:p

sweet300ex
04-18-2004, 10:31 AM
I liked it, sever my heart away really grew on me

Pvt. Maggot
04-18-2004, 10:50 AM
my bands going to be recording in may...i can't wait..were an old school street punk band..i have some crappy recordings but i don't have anywhere to put em..i'll check you guys out..i'm more of a deathmetal person so i might like you. :)

Greg Z
04-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
I liked it, sever my heart away really grew on me haha me to .. Like sad to say When i first listend to it like it then i was liek damn.. we could of done better...... and now i really like it a lot! like wow...

on purevolume.... we got up to number 3 for most listend band on hardcore GENRE

and on hardcore genre section sever my heart away is number 1 person in me is number 2 and hatred with that passion number 8.

then when you put it on overall GENRES (more bands every single genre) Sever my heart away is number 12 and perosn in me is number 14

Bill Fuller
04-18-2004, 01:38 PM
The music sounds good but the singers volume is to low.I hate to say it but I don't care for the songs.I think with a new singer(sound) the band will do better.I personally don't like the screaming or growling dog.

JTRtrx250r
04-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by blasty02
hey im over my friends house right now so im postin on here ..

Im singer, :) a lot of people that dont like that type of music give me a lot of crap about it but in my town and in school were well known. we have fun with it you know we dont take it VERY seriously. But its all about fun you know? All opinions are appreciated! We are making CD covers and labels now when were done with it ill be able to send you demos to you all for free. The CD has better quality :)

BTW
On pure volume that website we were on the top most played band list on the harcore GENRE we were number 4 on it. and right now on the top most listend song AVG all 3 songs are on it. .
In this order on the list 1. Sever my heart away 2. Person in me

and i think number 10 is hatred with that passion!

thanks guys today OVERALL we had 250 PLAYS!!!!! JUst from today

-Greg you will get LOTS of criticizm, both good and bad, if thats the direction you want...then go for it. The fact you aren't all defensive is great, and that is a hard thing to over come, regardless what criticizm you guys get...go w/ whats is the heart and be true to it, another thing that helps is to jam w/ ppl better than you...it really pays off wether you click w/ them or not, and at times can bring something else to the band (hard to explain) NO MATTER WHAT..Keep on jammin!;) You can still sound mean and hostile w/o the pissed off dog effect, thats all in your approach to your technique, and for new guys starting out...thats about all I can be a critic haha:D Keep Jammin dudes!!!!!

Got Huevos?
04-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
but that "pissed off dog thing" just ruin's it;) lyrically..its not audioable

i agree, in order to make that rough deep vocal sounds, sound good you have to have a speciefic song, mic, filter, and studio. it just didn't sound good in those songs. also theres alot of change during the song, i understand a change here and there, but constant changing makes it sound like you just did a whole bunch of small sessions then glued them together without thinking twice about it. also the fluency of the music, or between the drums and guitar just wasn't there soemtimes, it sounded like the guitar player and drums player were on diffrent pages, they need to synch. find a medium where they comprimise to match the other instrument. when one tries to do his own thing, and so does the other, it sounds off. the normal vocals sounded clean and pretty good, but dont be afraid to change your tone, or your vioce pitch. these are just little things i noticed, dont think im being mean, i been dipping im producing for about a year and a half and these are just small things im pionting out, just some constructive critisism.