PDA

View Full Version : axcaliber or eliminator

smokin01'400
03-14-2002, 08:32 PM
alright...first thing..which is the best bang for the buck? I dont have that much money to spend so i was kind of leaning towards the eliminator...289.99 from rocky mountain. the cheapest i have seen an LSR is 369.99.......If I remember correctly, a while back, there was a post about Dura Blues lifetime warranty but it was only for like 7 years or something? i know i should get an LSR..but i dont got that much money..please help me...andrew

400exRacerX
03-14-2002, 08:43 PM
DEFINATLY save up for the LSR its worth it trust me. I got mine for 369 but I think Marcums has it for 330 I might be wrong though.

smokin01'400
03-14-2002, 08:55 PM
sweet axle man....i hope i can get some money together for that..is that how it came out the box? looks tightly shipped

beerock
03-14-2002, 09:21 PM
hey smokin, get a RPM dominator axle.................

chris29
03-14-2002, 10:43 PM
Get a Lonestar or the RPM. They are the 2 best axles on you can buy.

Chef
03-14-2002, 11:25 PM
Get the lonestar. Anyone on this site will take the lsr over the durabreak..

Foxrage
03-15-2002, 04:15 AM
You can get lonestar for 320 from sunset atv.

03-15-2002, 08:07 AM
that tank nex to the raptor is awsome.

riz400
03-15-2002, 08:59 AM
Definitely LSR.

Holty
03-15-2002, 09:16 AM
do all the lonestar axles come with the Yellow lettering and chrome on them? also, do they make a +1 or do you have to get the +2? I plan on getting the +1 Houser A-arms if that matters? thanks.

03-15-2002, 09:38 AM
definitly get the lone star over the durablue,,,I just bought a LS,,because I bent my durablue,,and the durablue warranty works like this,,you bend or brake it they replace it...you bend or brake that one and it'll cost ya $175.

Holty axcaliber axles come +2 from the get go,,so it will line up with your front end,,and if you want to go wider you put the spacers on the opposite side of the hub to go +4,,the axcaliber axle will meet your needs..promise.

400MXer
03-15-2002, 10:21 AM
I believe in RPM. i think their products are the best. The RPM axle is gonna cost you a little more than the lonestar, but superior quality isn't cheap. i'm not saying that the lonestar is bad though....infact, lonestar makes very good axles. so if the choice is strickly between durablue and lonestar, get the lonestar. I've seen 3 durablue axles break with my own eyes, and i've heard and seen pictures of many more. Stay away from durablue.

400exRacerX
03-15-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by smokin01'400
sweet axle man....i hope i can get some money together for that..is that how it came out the box? looks tightly shipped

Yes, thats how its shipped and it comes in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Honda Guy
03-15-2002, 01:29 PM
I rember someone in here talking really bad about lonestar and said leager is the way to go does leager make an axle though

Also i liked how the dura blue was adjustible but if its going to bend its not worth it

03-15-2002, 01:38 PM
laeger does not make axles and lonestars have the same exact adjustments that durablue have,,I'm just hoping i can keep the lonestar on longer than I had the durablue on..:(

Honda Guy
03-15-2002, 05:24 PM
on the lsr site it says that there 400EX axle is adjustible from 1.5 to 3.5 in not 4in

CBW
03-15-2002, 06:00 PM
i had my stock axle powder coated......but wanted the LSR....so far i like it real well......and mine came with two white stickers....in a baggie with the warranty card.....

Dave400ex
03-15-2002, 07:33 PM
I`m with 400MXer. Save and Buy a RPM. I have never heard of a RPM Breaking. That`s what I would Buy. If you don`t have the Money for a RPM, buy the LSR. Do not Buy a Durablue.

smokin01'400
03-15-2002, 07:43 PM
thanks alot guys..tommy was tellin me over and over to get the LSR but i wanted to save money for other mods. But i guess you guys know what your talknig aobut so i will get the LSR...320 from sunset atv sounds good. does that come with the sprocket hub? Oh yeah...i like the expression....Durabreak. lol thats sweet
Anywho...what kind of lock nut should i get? my right side of my stock axle and locknut is all rusted...should i get a cheap RAD locknut or wont that work? please help.....alright...and finally....I got like 600 bucks to spend on mods this month..i already got the front Ohlins and i am getting my frame painted a metallic charcoal with crystal crap in it i guess its like prism powder or something. I am getting the frame painted..new subframe cuase mine is shot, and i was thinking a rear shock revalve? what do you guys think..definetly axle and subframe and paint job though..then shock and fenders and bumper after. thanks alot..sorry so long.:devil

Dave400ex
03-15-2002, 07:48 PM
The LSR comes with a Sprocket Hub. I think the RAD will Work. You could get a RAD or a Speed Racing LockNut. Your Mod List Sounds Good. If you are going to PowderCoat the Frame I would have it Gusseted while you have your 400EX all apart. Rather than that it all Sounds Good.

smokin01'400
03-15-2002, 08:03 PM
thanks....But im not getting my frame powdercoated..Its getting painted by a professional shop with them high tech guns or whatever they are. I dont know if i want to get it gusseted although its gonna be all ripped apart and im gonna clean the whole quad..However..i want my rear end on my quad to look really nice and while i got it all apart i want to get all my chain wax build up all off my swing arm and sprocket. what should i use to clean her up?
And for my next mods with my fenders...dark blue maiers with nacs graphics....what do you think? i have a polished dg bumper now, should i buy a Duncan racing one cuase they are sweet or should i buy a pipe instead? later

Dave400ex
03-15-2002, 08:11 PM
I read the Post wrong, I thought you were having it PowderCoated. If you don`t Jump or Race you really don`t need to have it Gusseted, but you will have yours all apart so I would do it. It`s your Choice. Maxima and Klotz make Cleaner Stuff. Go to Wal-Mart and look for some Stuff.

Do the Maier Fenders and Nac`s Graphics. Get the New Maier Plastic though. My Brother has that Setup on his 250R. It looks Sweet. If there is nothing wrong with your DG Bumper, I would save and Buy a Pipe.

smokin01'400
03-15-2002, 08:19 PM
yeah..i would deffinetly want the new shiny plastic but how much more is it? do they make it in dark blue?
i am gonna just rip apart everything while its in pieces and clean and polish up everything so it looks better then new.

what kind of pipe should i get? i dont want to spend 450 on a sparks..although..i could if i didnt want to worry about how my quad looks or rides..comfort before speed i think..least i will win the looks contest. later

Dave400ex
03-15-2002, 08:50 PM
I don`t know How Much more the New Plastic is. I haven`t seen it in Dark Blue, but I don`t know if they make it or not. You might have to Call Maier and ask them.

I want to take Mine apart and Clean it up a little too.

I like the Engine Builders Pipes the Best. Sparks, TC, Duncan, CT, LRD, or Hetricks is what I would go with.

smokin01'400
03-15-2002, 08:54 PM
thanks...i see you have the macdaddy elka rebuild on your stock rear..how is it? i wish i could get a remote resevoir put on them things but....how much was the rebuild?

Dave400ex
03-15-2002, 08:59 PM
I don`t have the Rebuild Yet. That`s what I`m saving for. I think you can get the Rebuild for about $275 from C&D Racing.

smokin01'400
03-15-2002, 09:19 PM
oh wow..it must be getting late or something..sorry..im an idiot

Dave400ex
03-15-2002, 09:23 PM
That`s Ok. I wish I had the Elka Shock Setup I have Listed. That`s what I`m saving for. I have heard many good things about Elka. If you get Elka Shocks I suggest getting them from C&D Racing.

smokin01'400
03-15-2002, 09:33 PM
what all do they do to it for the elka rebuild? with the fresh rebuild and the set up for your weight..is it still adjustable for rebound and compression with the stock screws or things you turn on the shock?

smokin01'400
03-15-2002, 09:35 PM
does c&dracing have a website? if so..can you give me it..thanks

Dave400ex
03-15-2002, 09:37 PM
I`m not all Sure what is Done. Go to www.cdracingonline.com and Find Out.

Pro400EXC
03-15-2002, 10:37 PM
RPM is the way to go. Travis Spader got in a big fight with Lonestar,cvause he was breaking axles and front ends.

Also RPM has the bets warrenty, I even hear,if you break there axle or bend it,and it damages the Carrier,they will replace your carrier,free of charge.

smokin01'400
03-16-2002, 07:55 AM
whats the starting price for a RPM axle? i think the price is a little steep cuase i could be spending money on other mods.

Dave400ex
03-16-2002, 09:42 AM
I think the RPM Dominator Axle is $370. I`ll look to Find out for Sure.

smokin01'400
03-16-2002, 02:02 PM
wow..thats alot cheaper then i thought it would be. Does it come with a sprocket hub like a LSr or no?

Dave400ex
03-16-2002, 03:06 PM
The Dominator Axle is $389.95 from RPM. You should be able to get it Cheaper from Duncan. Now the Axle for $389.95 has the Standard Sprocket Hub. RPM makes another Axle that has a Race Hub that Costs $429.95. Again that is from RPM, Duncan should be a little Cheaper. It`s your Choice on the Sprocket Hub. RPM is the Best Axle you can Buy.

smokin01'400
03-16-2002, 03:10 PM
thanks alot WarriorMan

Dave400ex
03-16-2002, 03:14 PM
Anytime Man. What Axle are you going to Get?

smokin01'400
03-16-2002, 03:23 PM
its funny you ask cause me and tommy have been talking about this for 2 weeks now...since my pivot bolt and the sleeves and seals and things have to be replaced in the swingarm i think i will have to get the LSR cuase its cheaper and i want to be able to save some more money for mods..I would like to get a RPM but just too much money. I was gonna get new fenders and graphics for my quad but now since the stuff went bad in the swingarm, i dont got money for that so.

about that kit from pivot works...the kit that your talking about has all the necessary parts for one complete rebuild right? alls i have to buy other than that is the pivot bolt from service honda for 20 bucks...is this someting i could do myself if i take my time? Where is the cheapest i could get the kit from?
thanks agian...andrew :cool:

Dave400ex
03-16-2002, 07:07 PM
If you have to Replace other Parts and want to Get New Parts the Lonestar Axle will Work just Fine. If you didn`t have to do anything else the RPM Axle would be the Way to Go.

Pivot Works? I have never heard of them. I was talking about the Elka Rear Rebuild.

smokin01'400
03-16-2002, 09:24 PM
lol..oh man..i am talking about the pivot bolt in my swingarm..its all messed up and what not..yeah..i was talking about the elka rebuild before....pivot works is a company that makes the rebuild kits for the swingarms and bushings and bearings and stuff like that. later

Dave400ex
03-16-2002, 09:28 PM
Oh. I get it Now. I have never heard of doing that. I guess you could try it and let us know what Happens.

Are you going to do that Elka Rear Rebuild?

smokin01'400
03-16-2002, 09:38 PM
i probably will go with the Elka rear rebuild but i would like to get some more information on it. The Macdaddy shock rebuild and revalve is a sweet looking shock...too bad the stocker has a piggyback rezzie. As soon as i sell some of my stone that i got stacked i will put all my money into my quad and hopefully if i manage it right, i will be able to do everything i want to do. later man

Dave400ex
03-16-2002, 09:44 PM
If you get the Elka Rear Rebuild you will need to get Elka Front Shocks after that. Call C&D Racing and ask them about the Rebuild.

smokin01'400
03-16-2002, 09:51 PM
i just got ohlins with piggyback rezzies for 325 for my fronts...i dont know why i would get rid of them for more expensive elkas when i dont think im gonna ride that much anymore. It would look wierd with ohlin fronts and an Elka rebuild on back...How much do you think i could sell my fronts for? they are in great shape. a kid offered me his stock front shocks of an 02 400ex that had like 1 hour on it plus 450 bucks..so thats shock plus 450 for my ohlins.....i could use that money but..i dont know if i want to get rid of them...this will all take time i guess..no sense getting worked up about it ya know? cant do anyting unless you got the money.

when are you gonna get the elka rebuild? does anyone have the Macdaddy revalve that can tell me how it works? later guys..

Dave400ex
03-16-2002, 10:01 PM
I didn`t know you had Ohlins Fronts? Are the Ohlins Zero Preload? If not I don`t think they would work right. You would have to get Elka Fronts for the Suspension to be Right. $450 Plus Stock Shocks doesn`t sound to Bad. What do the Ohlins cost New? I know how you feel, so much stuff you want to do, but you don`t have any money to do it.

I am Saving for the Elka Shocks right now. I hope to get the New Front Elka`s and Rear Rebuild this Fall. I think CBRSLIDER has the Elka Rear Rebuild.

smokin01'400
03-17-2002, 12:11 PM
i dont know really to be honest with you..my friend was selling his quad so i said id buy them off him. I know they arent adjustable with the rebound or compression if that helps. I dont really understand that whole Zero Preload stuff. i did however adjust my spring today and now they are softer and i dont get whiplash landing off a jump now. How much does a cheap set of elkas start at? The shop near me told me the shocks retailed there for 1400 for fronts and thats book price. But then someone on here told me he got all adjustable ohlins front and rear for 1400. So i dont know how much they really cost..im guessing around 900 since they come set up for your weight and style.
I have updated pics of my quad now that are waiting to get developed...i will figure out a way to put them on here so you can look at them. later

Dave400ex
03-17-2002, 07:35 PM
I would get the Elka Triple Rate SSD Comp. Adjust Fronts and the Rear Rebuild. That`s the Setup that is in my Signature. The Fronts are $735 and the Rear Rebuild is around $275. I bet you could get over $500 for the Ohlins. Put them on Ebay.

I want to see how your 400EX Looks.

Honda Guy
03-17-2002, 07:39 PM
warrior are they the best from elka? are they zero pre load?

Dave400ex
03-17-2002, 07:41 PM
Is what the Best? The Triple Rate SSD Comp. Adjust Front and Rear Rebuild? Yes they are Zero Preload.

smokin01'400
03-17-2002, 09:11 PM
as soon as i get my pics developed i will give them to my buddy to scan them then send them to me via email and then so on....Now you got me thinking about giving up my ohlins for the elkas....a day that i never thought id see. lol....the shocks are pretty much brand new although they are dirty in the pics that i took but they dont have any dings or scratches where the paint is missing. If i put them up on ebay i would try to get 700 out of them..remember..there are stupid people on ebay that do that type of thing to everyone else..no offense guys..no flame..

i know this is way out of proportion but if anyone wants to trade a set of front elkas for a set of front Ohlins with piggy back rezzies..let me know...

later guys...andrew

could someone please tell me how much my Ohlins are really worth..they came valved for someones weight so they arent adjustable but have piggyback rezzies. thanks

Dave400ex
03-18-2002, 04:35 PM
You would be Happy with the Elka`s. Just make sure you put more then you want for them on Ebay. $700 may be a little much. I would say you could get around $600 at least. List them on Sites and see what Happens.

smokin01'400
03-18-2002, 06:32 PM
do you think i might sell them to a fellow exrider on here? i would rather help out a friend then a stranger..i will put them on ebay if no one here wants them

Dave400ex
03-18-2002, 08:14 PM
I think you could Sell them on here. Post them in the Classifieds. You can Post them in the ATV Connection Classifieds too.

smokin01'400
03-18-2002, 08:21 PM
word up to warrior man..this kids awesome...c'mon guys..help me out and buy them shocks or trade me some stuff..im helpin you out..ppllleeeeasaassseeeeeeeee..they are in perfect condition..no lies..i will get pics of my uad on here as soon as i get them scanned in from a friend

Dave400ex
03-18-2002, 08:32 PM
Just make sure you put them in the Classifieds. I hope somebody Buys them because then you can tell me how you like the Elka Shocks. LOL. Are you getting the Setup I have in My Signature?

smokin01'400
03-18-2002, 08:40 PM
lol..i put them in the classifieds earlier tonight but no one has replied so i begged them..lol..if i do decide to get new shocks..im getting what you have listed. the fronts that you have are the regular elkas right? for 750 or so? yes..im gonna get my rear rebuilt...man..i cant wait..im not gonne get blue fenders now...just alot of stickers and a carbonfiber hood and some number plates so it looks like i got a fast quad..even though i dont race..whats that word...um...POSER..yeah.. i like that. lol.

but..if someone is willing to give me a Sparks x-6 and honda subframe, renthals, and something else....i will still get the elkas dont worry. :D i wont let a brother down..ask tommy..he'll tell ya about brother hood.

Dave400ex
03-18-2002, 08:44 PM
I think somebody will want them. Sweet. Now I can found out if My Setup is any Good. LOL. The Fronts are $735 from C&D Racing and I think C&D does the Rear for $275. You will have to Call and Ask. I`ll be Waiting for the Test Results.

smokin01'400
03-18-2002, 08:46 PM
if everything goes right..i should have this done within a month..can you wait that long? maybe even a little longer. i have to stack some more stone and get money..so many mods..so lil money.. i hate that..if ya know anyone who wants them..help me sell them .:cool:

Dave400ex
03-18-2002, 08:51 PM
A Month? Man I don`t Know. LOL. Stack Stone? That sounds like Fun. I need to Find me a Job. It`s hard with School. I know what you mean. So much I want, but no money to buy any of it. I don`t know anybody right now that would want them. I posted in your Classified Add. I told somebody to Buy them. Later, I got to go to Bed.

RoostinOna400ex
03-18-2002, 08:56 PM
WarriorMan Where can you get a rear stock 400ex rebuild for $275 at?? I need a web site too? Do they use elka compenents?? Is that for the best rebuild you can buy?? I have the elka triple rates with remote rezzies but I dont really know if i have SSD?? What exactly is SSD?? Yea man get the elka shocks up front they are freakin awesome!!!:blah

Dave400ex
03-18-2002, 09:00 PM
I think C&D Racing does it for $275. WWW.CDRacingOnline.COM Yes they use all Elka Stuff. It`s the Best Elka Rebuild you can Buy. I would say it`s a Very Good Rebuild. SSD is Self Sagging Device. It`s another name for ZPS or Zero Preload. I`ll help you more Tomorrow.

smokin01'400
03-18-2002, 09:01 PM
C&Dracingonline is the website i believe that he said..go to page three of this thread..the link is there.....hope this helps...you like them elkas huh? know anyone who wants my ohlins with rezzies? andrew

RoostinOna400ex
03-19-2002, 10:18 AM
No sorry!!

Dave400ex
03-19-2002, 04:07 PM
RoostinOna400EX, How do you like your Elka`s? Which ones are they? Are they Setup Good? I want to get the Fronts in My Signature.

On the Rear Rebuild: It includes a Complete Rebuild, Clean Up, New Oil, Head Seal, SSD Conversion, and a New Spring. Call C&D Racing and Ask How Much it Costs.

James70214
03-22-2002, 08:44 AM
Anyone know hot to get a hold of Sunset Atv. Nacs400 said they have the Lonestar axle for 320

RoostinOna400ex
03-22-2002, 12:48 PM
Warrior man I LOVE THEM!!! I have the triple rates with remote rezzies!! Im not for sure about the SSD how do I know if I have that or is that the same as zero perload??

Dave400ex
03-22-2002, 06:19 PM
Roostin, SSD is the same as Zero Preload. You should of had a Choice to get SSD or Not. Your 400 should Sit Lower if you have SSD too.

RoostinOna400ex
03-22-2002, 09:51 PM
aight that is what I have :D

Dave400ex
03-22-2002, 10:07 PM
Ok. Do you have any Pictures?

RoostinOna400ex
03-22-2002, 10:32 PM
actually i took some pics today when I get them developed Ill put them on!!:D

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 09:28 AM
Ok Thanks. I want to see How Much the Front End Dropped. It`s going to look Good.

trx400ex
03-23-2002, 09:54 AM
does anyone else think the 400ex sits too high?
i was ridning today and i hopped from the shee to the 400 and it felt like i was on top of the world;) im thinkin about sending all my shocks to tcs and have them converted to zero preload,,,even if i have to lose some performance..blah blah blah

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 04:03 PM
The 400 is not Real high, but it could Sit Lower. That`s why I want to get SSD Elka`s. I feel the same if I get off the Warrior on to the 400. The Warrior and Banshee just Sit Lower. I`m not sure if TCS does Zero Preload Conversions anymore. I don`t know. You will have to Call and Ask.