PDA

View Full Version : Elka rear shock bushing

PF300ex
04-16-2004, 05:29 PM
I just received my new shocks from elka today... got the fronts mounted up with no trouble. I go to put the rear shock on and my top shock bolt will not fit through. It fits through one side but not the other. One bushing is smaller than the other. I also noticed that one of the bushings was loose in the package... are they supposed to be fixed in there like the others? I tried calling them but I guess they are closed until monday. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Needless to say I am a little disapointed when I am spending this kind of money.:mad:

Pappy
04-16-2004, 05:34 PM
nope...but theres a first for everything

Pappy
04-16-2004, 05:43 PM
and also...did you try the bolt thru the shock before you installed it? sometimes they can get knocked out of alignment.

the loose bushing was more then likely pulled from the shock when you took off the bubble wrap

PF300ex
04-16-2004, 07:18 PM
I tried the bolt with the shock off and it still does not fit. The one side is just a hair too small and I can't even get the bolt threads in it. It looks like they just put the wrong bushing on that side. I did mount the stock rear on again and rode around a little. I must say for not even having the fronts dialed in they do a awesome job. I can't wait to get the rear on there and hit some trails.

PF300ex
04-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Also where should I mount the rear rezzie? The only place I can see that it will fit is on the right side of the frame just below the exhaust.

PF300ex
04-22-2004, 02:32 PM
Well I have to say Elka is a great company to deal with. I called them up on monday and told them about my problem and they shipped two bushings and seals with next day air. I mounted the shock yesterday but have not had a chance to ride it yet. With the full set of elkas it lowered the ride height a little and you can defineitly notice more shock travel over the stock shocks.