PDA

View Full Version : HMF slip on or full exhaust?

kilabeez0
04-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Is it worth double to get the header pipe also? $200 shipped for the slip on or $400 for full pipe. I have a stock motor other than filter. So is it worth it? I have the money but will put it towards something else like a cam and nerfs if it's not. Thanks.

JDiablo
04-16-2004, 05:33 PM
well if you plan on gettin a cam and stuff....i would say get the full pipe because then you will have some motor mods to work with it,and when you get a cam,get a piston and maybe some new valves,etc as well...but def get the piston and cam at the same time

tstrenuous10
04-17-2004, 08:59 PM
yeah id say get the full system instead of the nerfs. nerfs dont make you go faster. a full system from hmg will. i just ordered a balance full system and it should be here monday or somethin like that. im so freakin stoaked. its gonna be wicked crazy. heck i want to ride right now and then bolt it on so i can feel the power more and get even MORE excited.

kilabeez0
04-17-2004, 09:58 PM
isn't the balance the new systerm? how much is that and is it like the same thing as this?

http://www.gopartsdirect.com/street/catalogimages/PhotoID4597.jpg

Partsdirect.com sells the full system for $404 shipped or $424 shipped for colored. is that a good price?

brif
04-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Since you have just the filter now, get the slip on. Then use your extra money and purchase your cam. Then save some more money and get a piston(get a Ross out of the group buy going on or get the piston first). May as well make it a 416 because a good bore and hone runs around $30-$40( atleast around here). Now keep in mind you will also need a gasket set($30) and you're talking about 5hours laber. So depending on your shops" shop rate" the labor, bore and gasket could run you an additional $300. Once you have did these mods your quad would now really benifit from the headpipe. If you go this route you'll be fine. It's just sometimes people forget about the laber rates. The laber rates can make what you think is a cheap mod into to one that isn't. Hope this helps.......

04-18-2004, 10:02 AM
424 is a good price w/shipping.....oh and unless you have engine work done you won't get the most powere out of a full system....i got a full yosh and i was happy though:)

JDiablo
04-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Overkillkfx400
424 is a good price w/shipping.....oh and unless you have engine work done you won't get the most powere out of a full system....i got a full yosh and i was happy though:)

wait until you get some motor work done,then you will really be happy:D

tstrenuous10
04-18-2004, 10:29 AM
i forget how much it cost but yeah the balance system is the new one they have out. there is a post with pics on here. its hmf and msd ignition. its pretty cool. i got it cuz it has the torque modifier and the quiet insert so if i want it loud i can and when i go to oregon i can shut it up.

Berry
04-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
well if you plan on gettin a cam and stuff....i would say get the full pipe because then you will have some motor mods to work with it,and when you get a cam,get a piston and maybe some new valves,etc as well...but def get the piston and cam at the same time
um on hmf's website it says the slip on is better for modded motor or somthing like that. i dont remember word for word!

and IMO i dont think paying 200$ more for maybe 1 HP is worth it! i cant tell the differance between slip on and full system

brif
04-18-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Berry
um on hmf's website it says the slip on is better for modded motor or somthing like that. i dont remember word for word!

and IMO i dont think paying 200$ more for maybe 1 HP is worth it! i cant tell the differance between slip on and full system IF thats what it says on the website, they have it backwards or they're getting different results than everyone else. Myself included.