PDA

View Full Version : suspension setup????

trxbill450r
04-16-2004, 04:19 PM
hey i just got my trx the other day and love it!!!!!!!!! Theres only 1 thing that i dont like about it... thats the tippy feeling i get sometimes when i hit it hard in a flat corner. I was wondering if anyone has any info on how i should set the preload, ( i weigh 145) compression, and rebound?? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

WOracing
04-16-2004, 04:47 PM
sorry man....but i dont think you are going to get any help from anyone. Because i have seen multiple posts (along with one of my own) about this problem. My best guess for you is to just mess around with the suspension. Just remember what the stock setting was at when you started in case you mess it up. This is what i am going to do.

Give me an IM if u wanna talk: WOracing19

roughrider01
04-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
sorry man....but i dont think you are going to get any help from anyone. Because i have seen multiple posts (along with one of my own) about this problem. My best guess for you is to just mess around with the suspension. Just remember what the stock setting was at when you started in case you mess it up. This is what i am going to do.

Give me an IM if u wanna talk: WOracing19

??????? For starters there are a couple big posts about setting up the suspension. Second, read your manual it states how to set the suspension back to normal so you dont have to remember.

Let out all your pre-load front and read and it helps out alot, my corners very well. It'll be up to you to figure out the compression and rebound. I still havent quite got mine to where i want it. Bring out a flathead screwdriver with you the next time you ride and played around with it, thats what i do.

WOracing
04-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by roughrider01
??????? For starters there are a couple big posts about setting up the suspension. Second, read your manual it states how to set the suspension back to normal so you dont have to remember.

Let out all your pre-load front and read and it helps out alot, my corners very well. It'll be up to you to figure out the compression and rebound. I still havent quite got mine to where i want it. Bring out a flathead screwdriver with you the next time you ride and played around with it, thats what i do.

thanks for yelling at me....i appreciate it. i havent been here in a while so excuse me. next time u can **** off and keep your opinion to yourself.

roughrider01
04-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Let me know how many exclamation points you saw in my last post.

????????????? means: confused
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the end of a sentence is yelling, along with full caps...

WOracing
04-16-2004, 05:33 PM
Whatever man sorry....it just seemed like that you were yelling. I was just trying to give the guy some help, didnt want to start anything.

schmitthead
04-16-2004, 09:45 PM
WO you need to lighten up, ALOT!!!!!

WOracing
04-16-2004, 09:54 PM
?????im pretty sure i just apologized to him, was that not enough for you?

schmitthead
04-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Just use it as a future reference ;)

WOracing
04-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by schmitthead
Just use it as future reference;)

ok man...whatever u say lol

roughrider01
04-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Dont worry about it.

TrxBill, this thread might help you out.

Link (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101428)

avaloncon2
04-17-2004, 06:18 PM
The easiest way to find out info is to go into a particular forum and go to the bottom of the page and do a word search. This is a popular topic that is probably why you have not received a response.