PDA

View Full Version : Carbs, mikuni, keihin.

DangerousDean
04-16-2004, 12:30 PM
How do you say these ??
I have no idea how and i'd just like to know how to pronounce them. :)

TCracin440ex
04-16-2004, 12:38 PM
mikuni and keihin

mik-uni

key-hen

ewalker302
04-16-2004, 09:58 PM
I thought it was

Key--Haan

:bandit:

Atreyu
04-16-2004, 10:01 PM
I always thought it was KAI-HEN :confused:

NacsMXer
04-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Nah, pronounce it how it looks....Kee-hin. The "h" is almost silent. :p

RMX500
04-17-2004, 04:07 PM
it's either kay-hin or kai-hin, I say Kai-hin myself but I think it may be wrong.

NacsMXer
04-17-2004, 04:32 PM
Maybe if it was spelled Kaihin it would be pronounced Kay-hin. But im pretty sure its Kee-hin. Keihin with the ei together makes the EE sound.:D

RMX500
04-17-2004, 05:40 PM
actually ai doesn't always make an AY sound.

Taiwan - "I" sound
Kaiser - "I" sound

just some examples..

and ei isn't always eeee...

their
feign
reign

all AY sounds.

You really ought to aquire some better language skills before you tell someone they have it all wrong.

NacsMXer
04-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Sorry man, jeez didnt think Id make ya so upset about silly spelling and grammatical skills. I really didnt intend to flame so no hard feelings on my end, I try to be a nice guy. My bad about the AY sound thing-I meant AY in terms of saying it like AI but that was my mistake; it can technically be said the same way but it's hard when you're not talking to someone in person. And I also wasnt saying EI always makes the EE sound, just in terms of the word Keihin in itself. If I applied that rule to every word in which the letters EI appear together, Id be talking like a moron. I apologize again about coming off like I was making fun of you, cuz I really didn't intend to. I was thinkin' of my friends and stuff because sometimes I hear something that I would have never even thought of that makes me laugh to myself. So please don't insult my intelligence by reading too far into my post. BTW, I edited my post cuz I didn't want to make it look like I was trying to be a *ick or anything because I wasn't.
Originally posted by RMX500
actually ai doesn't always make an AY sound.

Taiwan - "I" sound
Kaiser - "I" sound

just some examples..

and ei isn't always eeee...

their
feign
reign

all AY sounds.

You really ought to aquire some better language skills before you tell someone they have it all wrong. :)

TORO1968
04-17-2004, 05:58 PM
My friend used to work for Keihin as an engineering intern...and it's pronounced Kay-hin. Done. End of story. :D

NacsMXer
04-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Hmm you're probably right if that's what you're friend told you but it still seems so unnatural to say Kay-hin; ive never heard it said that way ever till I looked at this thread. But im not arguing about it because who am I to be right about how a name of something is pronounced? You really can't apply universal grammar rules to lots of words such as Keihin because the founder of the company determines how its said not how grammar rules say its said. Its like someone's last name, it can be pronounced any number of ways but its up to that person with how it's pronounced.