PDA

View Full Version : how much air i can get on a 400ex without cracking the frame

yellowrider
03-14-2002, 07:41 PM
i was wondering how much air i could get before i do any damage to my frame i heard people cracking the mount that holds the rear shock is that true?? anyways i dont think i got anymore than 6-10 feet and it landed smoothly better than the 300ex..

anyways could some one help me out please

DVS_Freestyler
03-14-2002, 08:15 PM
you can fly 110 feet if you have to on a 400ex, just make sure its a nice jump, you can jump 10 feet and crack your frame too. just depense on what jumps your doing. just make sure theres a nice landing if your planing on going farther then 20 feet.

Juggalo
03-14-2002, 09:14 PM
are you talking with a landing ramp or without? i have flat landed my ex from about 15 feet in the air a few times and my frame is ok. i try not to do it a lot tho (only when i miss the landing ramp). with a landing you can get much further before you need to worry about crackin your frame.

yellowrider
03-15-2002, 03:40 AM
i been jumping everything i have came across but was scared to go to fast cause i had a fear of getting to high and not be able to land it .. .or crack my frame or bust my shocks

oh about landing its everything you can think of man rocks dirt sand just depends on where the hill is and how far i get i konw that sounds crazy but it is fun i just dont want to break anything

we used to have this tabetop we uesed to jump but we finaly cleared it noone else wanted to do it that thing was a dangours hills it will send your bike side ways sometime .. i did not like that i crack my chest a couple times on that hill....... but never wrecked my dirtbike or 2wheeler on that hill

03-15-2002, 10:07 AM
you'll blow your shocks probably before hurting the frame..

JabberJaw
03-15-2002, 10:39 AM
I've been jumping my wife for quite some time now..she's only 5' 3 though :-)

Blysster
03-15-2002, 01:01 PM
I've been jumping her for a while too... jk :D

but it doesn't matter on how much air you get.. it's all in how you land that will decide if the shocks or frame will go bye bye on ya