PDA

View Full Version : High Comp

Honda Jay
04-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Has anyone done a High Compression kit yet? If so, how do you like it and how big did the 450 come to life? Was interested in the Sparks 12.1 or 13.8 JE kits...

Jayson

2004TRX450R
04-17-2004, 12:26 AM
Last I checked they weren't out yet. However that was a cople weeks ago and they said they would be out in a couple of weeks. I was going to call them the last couple of days but got to busy at work and forgot. Hopefully I'll be able to get ahold of them on Monday.

29FTEX
04-17-2004, 12:32 AM
A buddy of mine e-mailed me a picture of the Sparks JE 13.8:1 piston he got today. He plans on installing it Sunday, so I may have some info after that.

He said that Curtis had to rework the tops of all the pistons they got from JE because they weren't to his liking. From the pic, it looks like the milling was a tad rough. Also, just judging by the picture, it looks like it only has 2 rings (1 oil and 1 compression) like the CRF piston. Don't quote me on that, it's hard to see the ring grooves.

Hopefully someone will install one soon to get an idea of what to expect. It can't be anything but bad arse. He lives too far away to be able to ride it myself to compare.

onebad450r
04-17-2004, 06:42 AM
Sparks has the pistons in stock now.....They mailed mine out Thursday. I went with the 13.8:1, should bring the bottum and midrange to life.....just wandering what compression everyone else is going with?

Honda Jay
04-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Sounds good, but as always, only time will tell. . .

Thanks,
Jay