PDA

View Full Version : HRC Kit and warranty?

snow4fun
04-16-2004, 09:38 AM
I have been told by my local Honda dealership that they got an official notification from Honda that when the HRC is installed it will only have a 3 month warranty.
1. Does anyone know if it has to be installed by the dealer to keep the 3 month warranty?
2. If I install it myself do I void the warranty?
3. I have never worked on 4 stroke ATV engine before. How hard is it to install the HRC kit. I am very familiar with 2 strokes and have torn them completely apart and put back together, but never a 4 stroke. There were some pretty good instructions posted at the HondaRs post "HRC cam swap" and was wondering if you guys agree with how easy this HRC cam kit is to install?
Thanks in advance...

2004TRX450R
04-17-2004, 12:25 AM
Yes it is pretty easy if you are mechanically inclined at all. The HRC kit does NOT void or shorten the warranty at all. I work at a Honda shop and when the Honda rep was in a couple of weeks ago I asked him about it just to get the final say and he said it DOES NOT effect the warranty. If one dealer tells you otherwise you need to find a new dealer because they are jsut trying to get your money.