Walker Evans shocks front and rear
560 kit
WB E-Series pipe
K&N Filter + Outerware
+2 axle + a-arms
Billet clutch plate
magura hydraulic clutch
billet hubs

and I have a really whacky idea... I'm going to try and fabricate a YFZ swingarm onto it to boot.

what's everyone think? YFZ killer?

Basically add the following horsepower numbers.

1. Stock - 43whp
2. Filter, Jet, Pipe - 50whp
3. 560 kit - 62whp

Also the weight should be shed down pretty far too if all goes well.

DESDAK4
04-16-2004, 07:22 AM
That thing should be real fast. I helped my buddy build his Predator with a 558 kit, carb, and CDI along with some intake mods and it screams. I can stay with him and even beat him if I get traction with my V in 300ft, after that he pretty much checks out in a hurry.

Jay
BSracing

RMX500
04-16-2004, 07:29 AM
how well do you do against him on the track :D

DESDAK4
04-16-2004, 07:40 AM
I won't know that until nest weekend as we have NEVER had any quad racing up here so none of us have ever been on a track with our quads. However we are pretty equal riders other than he is a little more nuts being young and single compared to my old, married with children self:D . I would figure I would do OK because the V has a ton of torque and you just aren't in the top gears on a track. Watch for a post on the 26th with what happens.

Jay
BSracing

04-16-2004, 03:09 PM
yfz killer ???? it beats YFZ's stock on top speed

RMX500
04-16-2004, 04:57 PM
this ones gonna beat the piped YFZ everywhere.

RMX500
04-17-2004, 09:30 AM
ha, scratch the WB-Pipe. I'm going for an LTE Dual now. More money, more power. Bling Zoom! :devil:

NDpredator
04-17-2004, 11:03 AM
The LTE duals aren't going to make any more power than a slip-on is going to produce. I did extensive research on a different pipe for my pred when i was looking to replace my WB and I ended up going with a black chrome HMF. The power is good and the quality is awesome. You should really consider just a slip-on if you are looking for power, but if you want to be different go ahead and get the duals. But don't get the duals if the only reason you are is because you think they will make more power, cuz you won't:macho

Derrick
BSracing

thomez
04-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by RMX500

1. Stock - 43whp
3. 560 kit - 62whp

Anyone ever seen these HP numbers out of a Pred? 43rwhp stock? 50rwhp piped and filtered? :huh

RMX500
04-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by NDpredator
The LTE duals aren't going to make any more power than a slip-on is going to produce. I did extensive research on a different pipe for my pred when i was looking to replace my WB and I ended up going with a black chrome HMF. The power is good and the quality is awesome. You should really consider just a slip-on if you are looking for power, but if you want to be different go ahead and get the duals. But don't get the duals if the only reason you are is because you think they will make more power, cuz you won't:macho

Derrick
BSracing

Sorry but LTE's numbers are bull****. I'd like to know how you even have a clue. I don't just ask random people, i spoke directly to Randy who runs the company and he's dynoed everything. He redesigned the 400EX system because it dynoed low numbers and now it's easily as good as the HMF.

RMX500
04-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by thomez
Anyone ever seen these HP numbers out of a Pred? 43rwhp stock? 50rwhp piped and filtered? :huh

They are 43rwhp. And if I get an LTE pipe on there it will average at 49-50rwhp and at peak will be at 54.

NDpredator
04-17-2004, 07:20 PM
put your quad on the dyno when you're done and post the slip, and i will GUARANTEE you that you won't ever hit 54 rwhp with the duals. 11hp out of pipes, i don't believe it. The only time you get those kinds of #'s are with them damn restricted yamahas and 2 strokes.

derrick
BSracing

RMX500
04-17-2004, 07:43 PM
now I see why you sign BS Racing after your name.

Fred55
04-17-2004, 08:19 PM
Sorry to break it to you.....not all companies tell the real truth about their product........the predator would need very extensive headwork to get 50hp. With a pipe at you lucky to get 5hp.

NDpredator
04-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Thankyou Fred55!!!! I'm glad that someone else on here who owns a predator realizes what it takes to make some real power with these things. I'm willing to be i've got right at 60 rwhp outta my pred right now, but i've also got tons of money into it too. HP doesn't come easy, and it costs alot too.

Derrick
BSracing

thomez
04-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Someone is believing what they read/hear/are told wayyyy too much! It isn't so easy to just pull 54HP out of any of these bikes, not so fast bucko!

RMX500
04-17-2004, 10:21 PM
it's very easy.. :rolleyes:

and if you think randy is bull$hitting me why don't you email him and ask for a dyno.

after that you'll be emailing me for a wedge to get your foot out of your mouth.

anyways, lucky to get 5 out of a pipe? sorry but with a high flow filter, a great pipe and the proper jetting you should get more than 5hp on just about any quad.

away from the senseless arguments now, does anyone know if the Predator parts from hotseat are any good? I was looking at A-Arms from them.

TroyLeePred03
04-17-2004, 10:48 PM
it's very easy.. :rolleyes:

and if you think randy is bull$hitting me why don't you email him and ask for a dyno.

after that you'll be emailing me for a wedge to get your foot out of your mouth.

anyways, lucky to get 5 out of a pipe? sorry but with a high flow filter, a great pipe and the proper jetting you should get more than 5hp on just about any quad.

away from the senseless arguments now, does anyone know if the Predator parts from hotseat are any good? I was looking at A-Arms from them. yes hot seats products are very good....have they released their aarms yet?....last time i called a couple months ago they werent even close, they released their swingarm, but on the predator i dont think its worth it....wat is the gains from aarms? i mean its already wide enough and theres enough travel on the shocks neways....i just had pappy pc my stock aarms and swingarm, u can also get them chromed if thats wat your looking for and your going to save a lot of money, also save a lot of money if u ever take a hit and need to replace them, the steel is strong enough to take abuse neways...5hp with a slip on for the predator is very easy ive seen 4.5 to 9 on the pred from every exhaust...i saw u mentioned getting a LTE..it looks gay on the pred IMO....go with something you know is good....pure polaris or hmf is wat i would go for, i have the pure polaris and its pretty nice i got it for $180 and its giving me the same gains as some of the almost $300 exhausts ive tested....just my personal experience and opinion....TLP

TroyLeePred03
04-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by NDpredator
Thankyou Fred55!!!! I'm glad that someone else on here who owns a predator realizes what it takes to make some real power with these things. I'm willing to be i've got right at 60 rwhp outta my pred right now, but i've also got tons of money into it too. HP doesn't come easy, and it costs alot too.

Derrick
BSracing i was just gonna say the same thing!lol some people just dont know **** about wat they are saying

TroyLeePred03
04-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Walker Evans shocks front and rear
560 kit
WB E-Series pipe
K&N Filter + Outerware
+2 axle + a-arms
Billet clutch plate
magura hydraulic clutch
billet hubs

and I have a really whacky idea... I'm going to try and fabricate a YFZ swingarm onto it to boot.

what's everyone think? YFZ killer?

1. Stock - 43whp
3. 560 kit - 62whp

Also the weight should be shed down pretty far too if all goes well.
Walker Evans= Overated/Overpriced
have the stockers reworked with addes rezzies, i reworked my stockers and had my sno-x sleds walker evans revalved to try on my pred too and i see no noticable difference ...again save the extra money for other mods and gas and race fees;)

QuadJunkies
04-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Anyone ever seen these HP numbers out of a Pred? 43rwhp stock? 50rwhp piped and filtered? :huh Yes......:D I dont get what all this "HP" REALLY means anyhow.........??? Does it make or break a race?????Not always..............In a Drag race...yes....... in a True Blue MX,TT, ect............NO...........Thats "Rider" Baybee:cool: ;) HP isnt EVERYTHING.........and sometimes....not even close........

thomez
04-18-2004, 08:54 PM
I guess I won't believe it til I see one's rear bumper. :p

QuadJunkies
04-18-2004, 08:55 PM
I guess I won't believe it til I see one's rear bumper. :p lol....;)

TroyLeePred03
04-19-2004, 01:38 AM
Tina i guess we will hafta be the ones to "sh*t on his parade" and give him the back bumper now;)

thomez
04-19-2004, 08:18 AM
I'll see you in any major class of racing, oops, you don't qualify! Better lose 50ccs! :eek2:

Just kidding. :D

QuadJunkies
04-19-2004, 08:48 AM
I'll see you in any major class of racing, oops, you don't qualify! Better lose 50ccs! :eek2:

Just kidding. :D um.......thats not True......:huh Ive raced it and so does the ole man.....If your Talking the BIg circuit, then Yes.. BTW....its does come as an option with a 440 kit Avail. smarty pants...............:D :blah: So yes.....it can be raced

thomez
04-19-2004, 09:15 AM
I know the kit is available. They need to make that machine much easier to get ready for the national scene if they expect anyone to ride it there. Right now it is a homeless quad. In the big circuit, nobody MX'es it, very few ride it in GNCC (1 Pro that I know of), it isn't the best dune machine, it isn't the best trail quad (no reverse) - homeless.

But I'm sure Polaris is glad you like them :D

BTW: I like the Pred, looked at them when I was buying, so don't take that as a bash to the quad at all. It is just lacking its place in the sport quad world. It was probably my 3rd or 4th choice still when looking to purchase. Where I ride they are rare... I have only seen a few in the local woods. Many more Raptors and Z's. Saw a few at the MX indoor over the winter, and a couple at the FL GNCC.

Polaris have plans of competing in the national scene soon? Would be nice, I am sure they have learned a lot with the Pred.

QuadJunkies
04-19-2004, 09:22 AM
I know the kit is available. They need to make that machine much easier to get ready for the national scene if they expect anyone to ride it there. Right now it is a homeless quad. In the big circuit, nobody MX'es it, very few ride it in GNCC (1 Pro that I know of), it isn't the best dune machine, it isn't the best trail quad (no reverse) - homeless.

But I'm sure Polaris is glad you like them :D

BTW: I like the Pred, looked at them when I was buying, so don't take that as a bash to the quad at all. It is just lacking its place in the sport quad world. It was probably my 3rd or 4th choice still when looking to purchase. Where I ride they are rare... I have only seen a few in the local woods. Many more Raptors and Z's. Saw a few at the MX indoor over the winter, and a couple at the FL GNCC.

Polaris have plans of competing in the national scene soon? Would be nice, I am sure they have learned a lot with the Pred. I have a sneeky feeling wre gonna see something next year;) NO Quad is the Best for anything........You take what works best for Each individual rider and go with it....Our Predator doesnt run much other than State racing and one National(BTW....It took 4th place in that:blah: ) and its been doing very well doing MX..Just ask some of the locals how well my ole man is doing racing his.....He has always placed well in every kind of racing he has done.... I get so tired of every thread about Polaris getting Bagged on......:rolleyes: People just need to appreciate all that is on the market and give credit to those who race what others CANT or DONT like to race and just leave it at that..............