PDA

View Full Version : URGENT jetting problems

DangerousDean
04-15-2004, 09:06 PM
I'm changing my jets right now, The pilot and the main jet

But i the pilot (i think , the one with the long needle) is different then the one in it right now, the whole thing is skinnier, its a 40, and the other is a 38.. but like this one is longer, the threads are smaller and its narrower all to gether. I got it from the shop and thy said it was the right one

Is ther more then just these 2 jets that im missing or soemthing ?? (theres jsut 2 side by side)?:confused:

JOEX
04-15-2004, 09:13 PM

DangerousDean
04-15-2004, 09:14 PM
the new one looks completly different.

edit:It looks like the one second to the left.. except with longer threads

http://www.shindypro.com/catalog/images_l/26-035.jpg

JOEX
04-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Looks like they gave you the wrong one:(

Tell them you need a series 21.

DangerousDean
04-15-2004, 09:20 PM
:mad: now im angry. I knew i should have jsut ordered them off the net or something.

Also, instead of the K then the number , It has a littl square and then the number?? are they still kehin jets?

JOEX
04-15-2004, 09:23 PM
I doubt it. Maybe a Mikuni?

DangerousDean
04-15-2004, 09:32 PM
ok, so it has to be a kehin jet to fit the carb correct?

GRR im gonna go teara strip off tommorw after school :grr:

Bad Habit
04-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Make sure you take the original jet with you when you go back to the dealer.

DangerousDean
04-15-2004, 09:38 PM
yeah, im gonna do that. :)

And another question. I think while i have the carb out and stuff i mgiht do the choke mod, I live in canada EH so i dont know if its a good idea, Some times its pretty chilly (-20c) and i use the choke? If i take it off will it still start good or what ?

Since im going abck to get a new jet anyways, i was jsut thinking of this and jsut get a 42 instead of a 40 while im there?

JOEX
04-15-2004, 09:52 PM
I was going to do the 'choke mod' until I read this thread.....

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80450&highlight=powernow

DangerousDean
04-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I was going to do the 'choke mod' until I read this thread.....

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80450&highlight=powernow

:lol: that thing is funny

But wouldnt taking the choke out still work, when the choke is off that flap is closed? isnt it? which means like no air ?

JOEX
04-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Go back and read that thread. Pay attention to Micky Dunlaps posts;) As well the others....

Yes, it will work, the flap (butterfly) is the choke, that is what's removed. The aftermarket part in that thread does basically what the choke does when it's open.

DangerousDean
04-16-2004, 09:17 PM
another question.

They had to order the right size jet ( they only have mikuni jets in stock:rolleyes: (go yamacrap)

So, can i still use the uni filter with my stock jets? or will it run like ***, the new jets will be here on tuesday.. But i wanna ride this weekend.
So can i run the 148 main and 38 pilot wih the uni filter, or should i jsut throw the stock filter in with the stock jets for the weekend ?:confused:

ewalker302
04-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Oh yeah you'll be fine, The uni is an upgrade from stock, but it isn't going to make so much of a difference to need to rejet, just from the filter change, go ahead & ride.

You prob know this, but if the uni is new you do need to oil it before use.

:bandit:

DangerousDean
04-16-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by ewalker302
Oh yeah you'll be fine, The uni is an upgrade from stock, but it isn't going to make so much of a difference to need to rejet, just from the filter change, go ahead & ride.

You prob know this, but if the uni is new you do need to oil it before use.

really? :eek2:

j/k I already oiled it up and stuff, I hope i oiled it enough though :cool:
it should be oiled all the way throug hto the inside layer of foam right ?

ewalker302
04-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Yeah it should be oiled all the way through, but not loaded with oil.

Squeeze all you can out of it, or you will wind up w/ a lot of oil in the bottom of your airbox.