PDA

View Full Version : Pursuasive Speech...?

Narly R
04-15-2004, 08:06 PM
I have to do a persuasive speech.... any good ideas, that I could find lots of info, and most people would liked to be changed...? I was thinkin gas prices?

:macho

kamikaze_rzrbak
04-15-2004, 08:07 PM
i did one on assisted suicide and it was easy, so try that, plus it's a big thing in oregon so people will know more about what your talking about

batgeek
04-15-2004, 08:11 PM
OH! do one on Equal Opportunity. because it's BS!

kamikaze_rzrbak
04-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
thats a good idea too, It is BS

Pappy
04-15-2004, 08:15 PM
My favorite persuasive speech?

Put out or get out:macho it usually worked:devil:

batgeek
04-15-2004, 08:16 PM
that never works for me...i just pay :(

brian-250
04-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
My favorite persuasive speech?

Put out or get out:macho it usually worked:devil:

lmao

blackraptor16
04-15-2004, 09:14 PM

I hope you are talking about minorities not women!

RMX500
04-15-2004, 09:17 PM
threat usually means leverage.. therefore good persuasion

batgeek
04-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by blackraptor16

i'm talking about all of it.

the best person for the job should get the job, i don't care what sex or what color skin.

no one should get preferential treatment due to any factor other than being the most qualified for the job. period. the token Jew/black/woman/Asian crap needs to go.

anyone worth a chit would want to get hired due to their abilities...not because an EO slot needs to be filled. too bad the majority of people that get hired because of EO aren't worth a chit and know they can only get a job due to them taking advantage of corporate EO policies.

i do believe though, that professional women are getting shafted salary-wise. that is unfair and morally incorrect. i support and have voted for initiatives in my state(VA) for women's "Equal Pay" referendums.

Berry
04-15-2004, 11:07 PM
legal age limit to buy beer :o

batgeek
04-15-2004, 11:28 PM
only if they raise the legal driving age :D

i think both should be 18.

Narly R
04-15-2004, 11:46 PM

the best person for the job should get the job, i don't care what sex or what color skin.

no one should get preferential treatment due to any factor other than being the most qualified for the job. period. the token Jew/black/woman/Asian crap needs to go.

anyone worth a chit would want to get hired due to their abilities...not because an EO slot needs to be filled. too bad the majority of people that get hired because of EO aren't worth a chit and know they can only get a job due to them taking advantage of corporate EO policies.

i do believe though, that professional women are getting shafted salary-wise. that is unfair and morally incorrect. i support and have voted for initiatives in my state(VA) for women's "Equal Pay" referendums.

Thats a awsome idea, but my teacher said it couldnt be on like racisum(sp) because it is to big of a catagory, and i think it would fall into that.

I dont think he wants me doin it on assisted suicide either, good idea though... keep them commin...

400exdad
04-16-2004, 06:43 AM

Men shouldn't work at Hooters and women shouldn't be linemen! :eek2:

blackraptor16
04-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by 400exdad
Men shouldn't work at Hooters and women shouldn't be linemen! :eek2:

Men work at hooters.

I am a hooter girl but also work in the construction field in the summer. So bite me. :D (<---Meant to be taken in jest)

Berry
04-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Men work at hooters.

I am a hooter girl but also work in the construction field in the summer. So bite me. :D (<---Meant to be taken in jest)

:eek: :eek: :eek: OWN3D!!!

LazeR
04-16-2004, 09:39 AM
I just did a 1000 word persuasive eassy in my english class on "Gun Control" and how it's getting out of hand and i talked about the "The right to carry" states and how there crime is lower even with people being able to carry guns. If your interested i have all the links that i used still ;) Hell i even have the essay lmao

sly400ex
04-16-2004, 10:12 AM

I agree with this too......

Not exactly related, but I think affirmitive action is crap-ola. I really don't have to get into great detail as to why I think this. But a job, assistance through life, etc. should NOT be based on color of skin!!!

400exdad
04-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Men work at hooters.

Give me a break! :D The guys working in the back don't count to "work at Hooters" and if guys wore the tight little shorts that you Hooters girls wear, (my compliments to you and the other Hooters GIRLS by the way:D ) the place would clear out quicker than you could say "Have a Nice Day!" :) Now you can just .... Have a Nice Day. :blah:

Narly R
04-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Ha ha, nice 400exdad.... Good points everyone. i will mention a few of these to him and see what he says....

How you guys were saying how sertain people get jobds, even if they arnt the best... we have to go threw that a lot here, only in sports. They only get the possision because of there last name....:o

infantry317
04-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Whatever you pick be sure to back it up with measurable statistics to help put you over the top. You know what they say about opinions. Good luck! :D

p.s. Batgeek is right on...Like MLK,jr. said "content of character"!

redrider69
04-16-2004, 05:26 PM
im in speech clas now since im a big redneck i was peswading ppl to go turkey huntign they likd all the calls and stuff i got a 98 on it maybe u could persway ppl to go ride quads or sumthin u like to do and know alot about

Mr.Offroad
04-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Do a speach on keeping public lands open to everybody.I could talk about that (and fight) for hours!

400exdad
04-16-2004, 07:09 PM
Good Idea Mr. Offroad. Maybe there is some stats at the ATVA or AMA that could be used.... Blue Ribbon Coalition is another.

Narly R
04-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Offroad
Do a speach on keeping public lands open to everybody.I could talk about that (and fight) for hours!

Great Idea!:eek: