PDA

View Full Version : Riding in ARUBA!!

foxracingpredat
04-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Last week i went to Aruba and it was sweet. We rented brand new 2004 Yamaha Blasters and they weren't bad at all for rentals. Anyway, you are able to ride anywhere on the whole island so it is so sweet. It was so fun passing cars on the highways and riding wheelies through intersections with tons of cars around you. They also had tons of sweet offroad trails with some steep hillclimbs, big rocks, a mx track, some sweet open sections with jumps, beaches and sand dunes! It was an amazing riding place, and i could only imagine riding my predator there!!But i was pissed because we left our cameras on the cruise ship so we didn't get any videos or pictures and there was tons of spots for sweet pics! We might go back there next year and i will definetly bring my helmet cam because it would be sweet to get footage of hauling down the road and passing cars and also the offroading would be knarly. If you ever get the chance i would suggest getting down there and riding, it's fun and you can ride all day. We rode from 9am-5pm and it never got boring.. Anyone else ridden in Aruba??

NacsMXer
04-15-2004, 07:29 PM
Ha! Yeah went riding on the Yammi Blasters with my dad in December. I had a blast as well screamin down the highways, cruisin through town, riding the sand, and just riding on the beautiful coral beds along the shores. I was surprised at how many drag bikes and drag Banshees that were there-seems really popular. I would have loved to have my EX there too! Glad you had a blast on the Blasters cuz my dad and I sure did as well! :D Only thing was I experienced a weird skin problem when I was riding like my skin was on fire from the inside-sooo painful, I wish I had my riding gear for that powerful sun. :eek2:

04-15-2004, 07:33 PM
how much were these rentals for an hour?

04-15-2004, 07:39 PM
I want find a place with rental quad and drop the clutch...screeeeeeech....booong....braaaaaap...

foxracingpredat
04-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Ha! Yeah went riding on the Yammi Blasters with my dad in December. I had a blast as well screamin down the highways, cruisin through town, riding the sand, and just riding on the beautiful coral beds along the shores. I was surprised at how many drag bikes and drag Banshees that were there-seems really popular. I would have loved to have my EX there too! Glad you had a blast on the Blasters cuz my dad and I sure did as well! :D Only thing was I experienced a weird skin problem when I was riding like my skin was on fire from the inside-sooo painful, I wish I had my riding gear for that powerful sun. :eek2:

thats sweet u went riding there too! the sun is so hott there, and i got burned right above my knees becuase my shorts kept riding up! Rentals were 100$ each quad all day, which was actully a great deal and well worth it! Also the rentals last from whenever you get them(so wake up early) until 5 p.m., which leaves time for alot of good riding!

Atreyu
04-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Damn, that sounds like a lot of fun. I was looking for quads to rent in st. thomas when I was there but no luck. There were some nice trails there too.

cudaman
04-15-2004, 09:03 PM
where is this place

NacsMXer
04-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Its just off the northeast coast of south america down by the equator. I think its 6x12 miles across or something like that. Check it out its a really nice island.

foxracingpredat
04-16-2004, 02:02 PM
ya my cruise also went to st. thomas which is a really nice island but i couldnt find any atv rentals either.
aruba is abour 4.5 miles wide and 14 miles long of great riding land!

MOFO
04-16-2004, 02:29 PM
wooohooo... my honeymoon this october is down in Aruba... looks like I found something else to do down there!