PDA

View Full Version : Exhuast and A-arm kits???

YFZ450 Racer88
04-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Just got YZF and had a few questions. I would like to know some things about exhuast, first is the YC racing pipe. Just heard about it but dont know a whole loet about it. I would like to know some facts about it and if anyone ran it yet and what they think of it.

Also how are LRD, HMF, Dunca Fatboy 4, and the GYT-R products.
Just want some opinions on which peaple think are best and the power gains they give, also the good points about them and bad points. ALSO WANT TO KNOW THE COST FOR TC racing pipe. I just dont want to buy adn exhaust and get screwed because of false advertising or something like that.

Next is A-Arms and Shocks.

I was told leagers and lonestar are on top but never tried them or had the chance to ride a quad with them on.

Alos how are Roll Design. Im just being cautious,, i dont want to buy a bad package and get ripped off. Also i want the best of the best on my new quad.

Now for shocks i was looking into Elka and Custom Axis but want to know which is better for MX.
Or if their are better shocks than those. Also if their would be a good combo setup for fron suspension for shocks and A-Arms.

Now all said i will be racing mostly MX and few freestyle events.
Also money will not be a concern, like i said i want TOP OF THE LINE. and not to get screwed.

Thank You for all your help.

EvilJester400EX
04-15-2004, 06:12 PM
I run the GYTR exhaust, I can't say how well I gained from it, I never rode my YFZ stock, lol.

I would suggest Viper a-arms, they are made by Legacy ATV. Their long travel a-arms are modelled after Roll Design.

Custom Axis are one of the best names in the suspension business, you can't go wrong with them.

gibson400ex
04-16-2004, 06:15 AM
leager t-pin a-arms - 2,200
include's spindl'es,steering stem,and a-arms.

shocks - elka or axis - or pep - not sure on prices on elka or axis, but i know pep.

Pep - limited Mass Lt - 785 - Zps - 895, ARC - 1600

TC pipe i believe is 450-550 for FULL exhaust, and you wont go wrong with this pipe, we have it on our cannondale and WE love it.

That is probably the best a-arms/shocks, and best exhaust you can get for the yfz450.

YFZ450 Racer88
04-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Thank You for the help on the suspension and exhuast.
You wouldnt happen to know a website wher i can get more info on the exhaust?

gibson400ex
04-16-2004, 10:49 AM
yes i would.

well here is tc racing's website.

www.tcracingengines.com but you will have to call them to get more info on it.

where do you live?

yamahaCal
04-16-2004, 01:26 PM
I love my HMF slip-on you can really feel the gains. That should be true for most pipes. The major selling point for the HMF was the fact I could get it in red. THe red matches PERFECTLY with the frame. Good fit, and well built.