PDA

View Full Version : clutch problems... help

Tommy 17
04-15-2004, 02:55 PM
well i went to go ride my 400 today... it was in gear and i went to push the quad backwards with the clutch in and it woudln't move!!! the tires won't turn... put it in neutral and it rolled fine...

i then started it up, let it warm up, pulled in the clutched and hit it into gear and it took off without stopping... i then pulled in the clutch and hit the rear break and it killed the motor... the clutches won't dissegauge... i immediatly pushed it up to the shed and put it away... what could be wrong?????

i just rode it the other day and it as fine... came back without touchin anything and it don't work.... what should i check??? i've tried adjusting the clutch every which way... tons of slack... no slack... and even WAY to tight... nothings works... there is a pull to the clutch... it springs back out when u let go also... any ideas:confused:

phireboi
04-15-2004, 03:07 PM
I dont know about this but maybe the oil you are using isnt good for your clutch or maybe oil isnt getting to your clutch..I mean i donno about stuff like that too much but maybe?

Big - D Racing
04-15-2004, 06:44 PM
If your using synthetic oil it can cause your clutch to slip, If your clutch is burned up it won't grab at all. So either replace your oil or your clutch.

Tommy 17
04-15-2004, 07:43 PM
i'm running 20w 50 oil non synthetic (thats what TC racing said to run with my cam)

the clutches have 2 tanks of gas on them... thats it i hope they aren't ruined already bc if they are tehy were junk... the clutch was adjusted properly with some play in it...

cletusEX
04-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i'm running 20w 50 oil non synthetic (thats what TC racing said to run with my cam)

the clutches have 2 tanks of gas on them... thats it i hope they aren't ruined already bc if they are tehy were junk... the clutch was adjusted properly with some play in it...

what kind of clutch is it?

Tommy 17
04-15-2004, 08:09 PM
i think its whitebros... i can't even rember the exact name... i bought it at the quadshop i told him to send me a clutch around the 120$ range and he sent it...

if i open it up tomorrow and they are worn out... i'm not even screwing around i'm callin up sparks and gettin a 8 plate kit...

cletusEX
04-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Yeah I put a Barnett in my 416 when I did the motor work and it lasted like 3 weeks. I think I had 1-2 rides and 1 race and it smoked all the plates. I've heard that oem is the only way to go but that 8 plate kit sounds nice.

Tommy 17
04-15-2004, 08:37 PM
god i hope i dind't burn these things up... not like i can really ride thou so it happened at a good time... still waiting on a-arms:(

04-15-2004, 09:01 PM
rocky mountain atv's tusk clutch kit is very good....dont be alarmed by the price. they are high quality plates & fibers...iv'e had mine on for awhile now 7 they are holding up like stock plates would...you wont be sorry you got these & for the cost you have nothing to lose ;)