PDA

View Full Version : Lte Looney Tooned Exhaust

kruzofman
04-15-2004, 10:37 AM
hey i was wondering about those lte pipes, how do they sound do they have a deep sound like a wb e-series just deep tone like that or do they sound like the old super trapp exhaust, just wondering if they have a good sound and all, and does it sound differant with the dual pipes

kruzofman
04-15-2004, 11:00 AM
eney one:(

Doibugu2
04-15-2004, 11:40 AM
do a search there are several threads about this.

kruzofman
04-16-2004, 01:40 PM
come on... nobody know how they sound:( :(

RMX500
04-16-2004, 05:08 PM
coming from experience.. they sound awesome. you really pay for it but you get awesome gains on the raptor, yfz, and predator systems.

every system has a really awesome sound to it. The 400EX system posts the least gains, average 2, peak 5, but it has a really unique sound.

the only pipes you'll get sound as good from are DMC Alien.. and they post some higher numbers on the EX

since you have a 400EX i don't recommend LTE. I'd say go with DMC Dual. Probably the best pipe for the 400EX. DMC is a real underdog but they make amazing stuff.

jmpulse
04-16-2004, 07:51 PM
The new LTE serries for the 400EX is just awesome. The sound is clean and quite quiet. And if we want to get into the support the little guy thing, LTE is a little start up company with an outside the box thinking.

Plus for the 400EX, you get a real nice airbox to relocate the battery. Complete sysetm, including the jetting, stainless steel pipes, and alumin rebuildable scienclers.

Excuse my spelling, my brain has dumped for the day

hondatv
04-17-2004, 06:32 AM
Has anyone seen the results on the new 4in. If so, what are the power gains and how does it sound?

jmpulse
04-17-2004, 12:06 PM
I have the new 4" series. The power gain is right around a true 6 hp gain. The sound is a nice clean deep sound, and with the quiet insert in, somewhere around 89dB! The 4" series is now USFS spark arrestor approved. LTE is a class act company, and they have been a real pleasure to deal with. The price is up with the new series, but by the time you add up the $500 full systems from other companies. The $150ish air box, the quiet cores, and the spark arrestors, I feel it is even.

I also am really suspect of other companies claiming very little loss of power, and low 90's dB's, when they have a pea shooter opening out the rear. I have seen the dyno runs, and felt the power difference with the LTE system.

kruzofman
04-17-2004, 06:06 PM
wait a minute what do ya mean new 4 series, does it have a open end cap like the other pipes they sell for, the raptor,z400,pred dude thats sweet if they put the open end cape and got reed of the disc one, i well buy a set for sure, and they are deep sounding pipes that are quite:D

jmpulse
04-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by kruzofman
wait a minute what do ya mean new 4 series, does it have a open end cap like the other pipes they sell for, the raptor,z400,pred dude thats sweet if they put the open end cape and got reed of the disc one, i well buy a set for sure, and they are deep sounding pipes that are quite:D

Yes they are now the 4" canister, with the billit turn downs! I would post a pic of the new set up, but I have no clue as to where my digital camera is.

Jody

RMX500
04-17-2004, 08:02 PM
LTE never updates there site... where's a better site with info on their stuff? I want to get an LTE system for my predator but can't find info anywhere.

kruzofman
04-18-2004, 12:58 AM
so you mean there is 4 exhaust tale pipes coming out the end? please o please please take a pic of your lte sistem im dieing here:blah:

massjunglist
04-18-2004, 03:19 AM
^^^^^^ no it does not have 4 exhaust pipes. it has 2 (4 INCH ) pipes w/ billet turndowns.

jmpulse
04-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by RMX500
LTE never updates there site... where's a better site with info on their stuff? I want to get an LTE system for my predator but can't find info anywhere.

You can call them to get the latest info. 707-485-7438. LTE is selling quite a few more exausts than they thought they would. Along with designing systems for more quads, the web site is taking the lowest pirority.

kruzofman
04-18-2004, 02:05 PM
oh o.k. i understand now, man that's sweets i want to get a pair when i get the $:D