PDA

View Full Version : Need some Kasea tips

foleyit
04-14-2004, 11:45 PM
I recently purchased a Kasea Skyhawk 50 because my 5 1/2 year old daughter want to race. She has been riding an lt80 for over a year now.

I heard that there was some sort of restrictor on the carb.

1. Is it ok to remove this restrictor and race at Glen Helen and LACR? I talked to the contact at LACR and they said that they try to go by the GNMX rules.

2. If I remove this restrictor on the carb, do I need to change jetting? Does anyone have any pics on this. I heard that it is just the matter of removing a pin in the carb.

3. My daughter has expressed that she wanted to try a twist throttle, but I was told that I would need to plug the injector and mix gas. Any other things required to this as a result?

Any othe tips that you may have a '04 Kasea 50 would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

camsdad
04-16-2004, 12:40 AM
the restrictor is a sleeve that sit above the slide in the carb..proceed like you were changing a throttle cable,but leave the sleeve out upon re-assembly..the jetting varies ive done several ,1 of the bunch i had to rejet the others were fine.removing the restrictor will not affect the legality in the 50 limited class as per 04 gnc mx rules,removing the injector system is not legal though...good luck

foleyit
04-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Sleeve removed. It definitely helped the with the acceleration. I checked the plug and it looks pretty good.

I had removed the exhaust to look and see if there was a restrictor plate there like there is on the LT80. I was surprised that the exhaust port wasn't a full circle? I can opened that up too?

The rules state: The following may be changed from stock: tires, wheels, internal portions of the motor, sprockets, gearing, twist throtle, handlebars, grips, handle bar pads, front bumper, rear grab bar and jetting....

camsdad
04-16-2004, 10:03 PM
dont open up the exhaust port on a 50 it will kill what little torque you have...