PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Parkway Offroad, KY

cdalejef
03-14-2002, 05:58 PM
For anyone looking for a great place to ride in eastern Kentucky, try Mountain Parkway Offroad http://www.mpoffroad.com/
It is a great place to go, about 2500 acre's of trails, lots of hills! In my opinion it is much beter than LBL.

03-15-2002, 08:25 AM
I guess we need to meet up and go up there sometime,,I'm just down the road from ya...:D I've never been,,my buddy that rides a dirtbike went and said it was pretty sweet,,but real rocky..

cdalejef
03-15-2002, 11:50 AM
Where do you live in KY Rico? We are in Crestwood just up I-71 from Louisville.

MP isn't that rocky, not nearly as bad as livingston!

03-15-2002, 12:08 PM
By golly I"m in Louisville,,,I live pretty much at the opposite end of gene snyder from you guys on dixie. I"m more into MX riding,,but do enjoy trail riding occasionally. There's a big exriders get together at LBL april 6th and 7th,,you guys need to go. If not then we'll get something setup so we can go up to MHP,,do you guys at the quadshop ever ride MX tracks??

cdalejef
03-15-2002, 02:40 PM
LOL thats funny, I drive out to your end of Gene Snyder to UPS every night. I have a friend that lives on Dixie, he just bought a new Cannondale.
That weekend we will be at Loretta Lynn's GNCC. We do race MX a couple times a year at Daniel Boone, Leitchfield, and Podium One.
Lets get together a big exriders (any quads welcome) ride at MP this spring. The Quad Shop will sponsor it. We will give away some prizes or gift certificites.

ebanezar
03-16-2002, 08:04 PM
Where is Mountain Parkway Offroad ? I went to the site but it was down. Is it east of lexington over by clay city raceway? I think livingston is the best place around here to ride. And how do you guys get the little pictures of your quads under your names in the posts?

Braff1
03-16-2002, 09:49 PM
There are a bunch of us going the weekend of the 22-24. Most of the people will be from Norfold Souther Railroad but everyone is welcome. I am going down early fri. with my cousin. Might see you there?

You can see Clay city raceway from top of the hill just across the road.

This place has everything from fast trails to hills that will make you think twice. Fun place to ride.

03-17-2002, 12:44 PM
When you speak of LBL are you talking about Turkey Bay?

cdalejef
03-17-2002, 09:40 PM
yes, LBL=Land Between The Lakes.

03-19-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
LOL thats funny, I drive out to your end of Gene Snyder to UPS every night. I have a friend that lives on Dixie, he just bought a new Cannondale.
That weekend we will be at Loretta Lynn's GNCC. We do race MX a couple times a year at Daniel Boone, Leitchfield, and Podium One.
Lets get together a big exriders (any quads welcome) ride at MP this spring. The Quad Shop will sponsor it. We will give away some prizes or gift certificites.

Sounds good to me,,put a date up for everyone to go...:D

cdalejef
03-19-2002, 10:48 AM
Anyone want to throw out some dates?

Braff1
03-19-2002, 01:15 PM
There is a bunch of us going to Mountain Parkway this coming weekend. I am going up Fri. with about 10 other people and the others are coming up Sat. The way it looks now I might need a row boat up there. I hope this weather changes over soon.

cdalejef
03-19-2002, 02:01 PM
Dang, it seems like everytime there is a big trail ride going on I have a race.

cdalejef
03-19-2002, 05:55 PM
Well, they just cancelled the race because of the flooding. Are you guys going to be at MP on sunday?

Braff1
03-20-2002, 05:44 AM
From my last update from my brother the crew from Norfolk Southern is still going up this weekend. I am going up Fri and coming back Sat. afternoon.

Dan

spincr4hire
03-20-2002, 12:44 PM
Take I-64 east from Lex, to the Moutain Parkway...Yeah, it is VERY close to the Clay City drag strip. We usually go to the Drag Strip exit, even though you can't get off coming from the west, Just go under the bridge and do a U-Turn, right onto the exit ramp heading from the east (there is hardly ever any traffic so doing this is easy). Then make a left (you will be going back across the Mountain Parkway), stay on that road for around 3 or so miles. You will see the signs for MP Offroad off to the left, and just take the gravel road back to it, pay your fee at the cabin on the left, and you're on your way ! A bunch of us are going next weekend (Sat. March 30th), hopefully it will be dried out some by then.