PDA

View Full Version : shocks!?!?!?!?!?

tc300ex56
04-14-2004, 07:49 PM
what are the best shocks to put on a 98 300ex? i just got it, its got alot of work in it and i want to race it and i kinda dont want to pay alot for shocks.

NacsMXer
04-14-2004, 09:50 PM
If you're on a budget, the cheapest set of shocks you could buy would probably be some Works Steelers. Also what type of racing will you be doing? I used to have Works a while back and I used them for MX but I quickly outgrew their performance. You might be able to get by for XC but i'm no expert there cuz I dont race XC. If you can throw down a couple more hundred, a nice improvement from the Works would be some Elka econo series shocks-I dont think you would be disappointed with them. Also you could buy used shocks to save some $$$ and just have them revalved by a reputable shock builder to your application.

jjthekj
04-14-2004, 11:53 PM
"I don't want to spend a lot on shocks", is something we've all said. Unfortunately, the inevitability is that those who skimp on shocks, get passed by those who didn't. Getting pitched into the weeds is another undesirable side effect!

tc300ex56
04-26-2004, 03:21 PM
thx for the help