PDA

View Full Version : Crf Guys

team_450_88
04-14-2004, 07:37 PM
This is to ppl who have built or bought or ride a crf450 quad!! I have a 2002 motor and I know that putting the 03 cams is gonna help the horsepower!! But there are a couple things im curious about :confused: , What kinda cam stock crf cam or hot cam? What size sprocket do u run on the front? What kinda pipe have u found that will work best and where can I get used crf pipes for cheap !!:devil:

416exmx
04-14-2004, 08:04 PM
i am putting a Hotcam stage 1 in mine.. have not messed with gearing yet.. i use a FMF power bomb CRF headpipe and a Yoshi 400ex silencer that will be shortened about 5"..

i saw somewhere where some company was making pipes for CRF's in 400ex chassis

team_450_88
04-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Do u have aol or msn whats ur screen name?

400MXer
04-14-2004, 10:08 PM
I believe baldwin makes an exhaust for a crf in a 400ex frame, and i saw that legacy makes a headpipe but i'm not sure what silencer you would use.

As for the cams, i am running my bike stock for this year but i will have it ported, and built next season. A friend of mine had bud fischer port his head then he put the '04 cam and piston in and it made a noticable differance. the 'o4 piston bumps the compression up a bit. I'm not sure if i am gonna go that route or give TC, or sparks a call see what they say.

I was too wondering about gearing. my friend runs 13fr. 40rr. i was gonna give that a try first because it seems to work for him.

quad_quazy
04-14-2004, 10:23 PM
i started out with a 13/38 but found on big outdoor tracks 13/36 worked better (less shifting better=exceleration), you just have to massage it off the line a little more. I'm running a stock TRX head pipe. I would like to install a better headpipe and cam. Let me know what works/fits well

team_450_88
04-15-2004, 10:02 AM
I am using a 13/39 I am gonna go to the 14t on the front because I race the big outdoor tracks and dont have enough speed to clear some of the 90ft jumps. I had quad-tech make me a custom pipe to fit. I know curtis makes one, hetrick racing makes one, tc makes one & baldwin does 2 im just looking for a used one tho because I already go to much money in the bike and gotta sell it next year so I can ride the production class...This winter I am gonna tear it down, get a whole new frame & guesset it up and paint it and make it where the crf motor will fit..and while its torn down I will get a hotcam with a wiseco piston and rings..What are yall using hotcam stage 1 or 2?

team_450_88
04-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Are u running and air box or do u just got the filter put to the side of the frame?