Fred55
04-14-2004, 07:23 PM
you dont want the loudest pipe.

hondaman4life
04-14-2004, 07:24 PM
well then what would give me the most power and sound good to

tc300ex56
04-14-2004, 07:30 PM
try to get the tc pipe i have it on my 300ex and its hurts my ears some times but its real hard to get it.

NacsMXer
04-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Yeah the TC pipe is one of the loudest if not the loudest pipe out there. Basically, more power from a pipe will come from a louder exhaust but the loudest exhaust you can find isnt going to give you the most power. It all depends on what you have done to your motor; i.e. cam, porting, big bore, carb, etc. To make the most power out of your motor you need to match your pipe to your motor properly. For example if you put a high flowing loud pipe on a stock motor, youll probably lose power because the cam, valves, and carb wont be able to flow enough to benefit you any. Post the mods you have done, and the mods you are considering in the future, and it will be easier to make a more accurate suggestion for you.

Atreyu
04-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Stick with the engine builders pipes. IE:Sparks, Duncan, TC, CT, etc.

quadmx7
04-14-2004, 09:41 PM
im thinking about getting the TC also but am also consedering the spark x6. these are the mods of my engine when it gets back from the shop...440 big bore kit, web race cam, short valvle guides, 3 angle valve job, valve springs with the titanium retainers, head port, hardface rockers, and 41FCR carb. only things im looking for in a pipe is the most power, dont care how loud it is cuz im gonna be racing mx only with it. i wish i could see the dyno charts of the two pipes.

hondarider2006
04-15-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Atreyu
Stick with the engine builders pipes. IE:Sparks, Duncan, TC, CT, etc.

I agree. And if all you want is noise....Look into a DG or Cobra:blah:

RMX500
04-15-2004, 01:19 AM
got money? LTE!

NacsMXer
04-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by quadmx7
im thinking about getting the TC also but am also consedering the spark x6. these are the mods of my engine when it gets back from the shop...440 big bore kit, web race cam, short valvle guides, 3 angle valve job, valve springs with the titanium retainers, head port, hardface rockers, and 41FCR carb. only things im looking for in a pipe is the most power, dont care how loud it is cuz im gonna be racing mx only with it. i wish i could see the dyno charts of the two pipes.
You probably wont be disppointed with either pipe because Im pretty sure they are close performance wise. It comes down to your preference pretty much since all your motor mods will benefit well with either pipe. If you want the loudest pipe and like to cut like 5 inches off your stock header to work, go with the TC. I considered the TC, but im not too hot on cutting up the stock header, and using it again on a modded machine. Id rather stick with a nice oversize header like on my CT or a Sparks pipe. But thats just my opinion.

04-15-2004, 10:14 AM
HMF seems to be the pro's choice...:cool:

quadmx7
04-15-2004, 10:16 PM
nacsmxer, the only think keeping from the TC is using the stock header. i just think that the sparks header and scilencer will work better with my mods but im no expert. but think i am going to go with the sparks. i'v still got a few weeks before my top end is ready to be but back on so i'll have it figured out by then. plus before i ride again i'v got to find a good deal on a stearing stem. i bent mine twice and straightend it back out pretty good but the third time bent it too bad and im worried it will snap on me.

Kodiak
04-16-2004, 12:49 PM
The White B E-series is still the best pipe around. Not that it's not out there, but I have yet to see a true pipe comparison where another pipe was better. Each to their own!