PDA

View Full Version : anyone a salesman at a dealership or know how the comission works?

brandonpeake
04-14-2004, 06:07 PM
i got a job offer and i would just like to talk with someone that is in this filed to see if they are sticking me on pay, i dont care pm me or email me, if you know someone personally and know how they get paid thats fine as well
thanks

ridesa02400EX
04-14-2004, 06:11 PM
if i remember right when you get paid on comission you get paid by how much stuff you sell you get a certain percent of whatever the amount of money worth of stuff you sold say you get paid 10% comission and you sell somethin for a 100 bucks you would get paid 10 bucks. i think that is how comission works

brandonpeake
04-14-2004, 06:18 PM
thats not what i meant i understand the concept of commission

i want to know about how much % they get of their sales in profit or if it comes off total sales for them and what type of draw they get and how exactly for them it works to see if im getting a fair deal or not?

derekhonda
04-14-2004, 06:22 PM
when my dad owned a car lot the guy that ran it made $200 a week plus 35% commission on the profit of a car. That guy had it pretty good my dad lost his ***.

brandonpeake
04-14-2004, 06:30 PM
well the other thing that probaly comes into play is this is the major dealership in my area and they carry every brand except suzuki, the also sell alot of street bikes and pwc's
so this might play into what % you get in commission
thats why i was hoping someone on here did this for a job

Pappy
04-14-2004, 06:32 PM
commision can be great or it can suck arse. i worked on commision + salary for almost 10 years. i made out great when sales where up and ofcourse it sucked when they were down.

no matter what business it is commision and straight salary will be close to teh same %. the commision gives the employee something to try and grow and the business owner gets the satisfaction of knowing if the employee doesnt perform the employee doesnt make as much.

brandonpeake
04-14-2004, 06:40 PM
i figure during the summer i would have to stsck some cash b/c it would be slower in thwe winter until christmas!

2001400ex
04-14-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm preety sure the commission the salesman makes is 10% of the total cost.