PDA

View Full Version : 450r

450rrider
04-14-2004, 02:49 PM
well it a toss up between the 450r and the yfz,i want the 450r mainly because i will only race a few hare scrambles, but i want it to be better than all my friends rides so how does it compare to shees,z400,raptors and yfz thanks

tkwarrior
04-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Keep in mind someone is always going to be faster and better than you. Just ride and have fun.

crazyriles
04-14-2004, 03:05 PM
stock verse stock the yfz is faster out of the box and has good center of gravity. The 450r is more reliable though and was made for all types of riding while the yfz was made just for the race track. 450r is more comfortable though. Also the 450r will beat the banshees, z's, and raptors at the race track. Also for more info go look at dirtwheels where they test out the 450s at the track/dunes/woods.

as you can see i went with the r because of the reliablity rather than having the faster 450

TCracin440ex
04-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by crazyriles
stock verse stock the yfz is faster out of the box and has good center of gravity. The 450r is more reliable though and was made for all types of riding while the yfz was made just for the race track. 450r is more comfortable though. Also the 450r will beat the banshees, z's, and raptors at the race track. Also for more info go look at dirtwheels where they test out the 450s at the track/dunes/woods.

as you can see i went with the r because of the reliablity rather than having the faster 450

never, ever ever get references about quads from dirt wheels.....100% paid off bs....ive never heard such bs that came from dirt wheels in my life...just like when the z400 came out....all they did was bash the 400ex, and the truth is, the 400ex handles better, the 400ex is more rider friendly, and the 400ex is proally a better all arround quad...even if it aint liquid cooled....the z400 looks to me like a raptor bred with a 400ex to make the z400

ill take my 400ex over a z400 anyday...the z400 feels like a raptor to me...tippy...so dont ever believe something that comes out of d/w unless u have rode it, tested it, for yourself..

avaloncon2
04-14-2004, 03:14 PM
I suffered from the same problem. I really like the YFZ. The ergonomics on the honda are much better. I ride with a YFZ all the time and I used to switch with him (when I rode my 400ex). Now he is always asking to ride mine. I think it is leaps and bounds more comfortable. I am 6-3 230 lbs so the squatted feeling of the yfz would get tiring after a few laps. They are both great choices. I only had mine for 2 weeks and I love it.

exrider44
04-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by crazyriles

Both the new R and the yfz are pretty much dead even ina straight line race. DW 's is a joke.