PDA

View Full Version : 310R - To part out or not to part out.

Woody_YFZ
04-13-2004, 11:32 PM
I recently acquired an '86 310R from an ex employee that owed me some money. It has tons of extra parts and tons of aftermarket parts. The motor is fresh both top and bottom, has a Kevlar clutch with CR500 springs, drilled out carb, 310 kit, etc. etc. Bolt ons, it has LSR +2 A-arms, and OMF beadlocks with grooved radials, a -1 LSR swing arm and is pretty much set up for MX. The problem is it has the stock axle and stock shocks, so it's only an 95% race ready quad. To the point. Should I take off the A-arms and swing arm and bead locks and put the stock stuff back on and sell it all separate or would I get better money for it all together. I need $4k out of it to get the money he owes me for it. Give me some opinions. I'm at a loss.

BlueZ440
04-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Woody_YFZ
I recently acquired an '86 310R from an ex employee that owed me some money. It has tons of extra parts and tons of aftermarket parts. The motor is fresh both top and bottom, has a Kevlar clutch with CR500 springs, drilled out carb, 310 kit, etc. etc. Bolt ons, it has LSR +2 A-arms, and OMF beadlocks with grooved radials, a -1 LSR swing arm and is pretty much set up for MX. The problem is it has the stock axle and stock shocks, so it's only an 95% race ready quad. To the point. Should I take off the A-arms and swing arm and bead locks and put the stock stuff back on and sell it all separate or would I get better money for it all together. I need $4k out of it to get the money he owes me for it. Give me some opinions. I'm at a loss.

Leave it the way it is and sell it for 4k+..There is a lot of people out there that will pay 4k for a 310R.Do you know what brand is the motor.ESR,CT..etc..

Woody_YFZ
04-14-2004, 01:15 AM
I don't know the brand of the motor, but I could find out easy enough.

Woody_YFZ
04-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Nobody else has any input on this?

Atreyu
04-14-2004, 09:35 PM
I would part it out. You'll get more money on aftermarket parts if they're in good condition.

Woody_YFZ
04-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Everything is only about a year old, so that's the way I'm leaning, but I just wanted to see what people had to say before I put in the effort.