PDA

View Full Version : TRX VS. Raptor?

loon_mhs
04-13-2004, 07:11 PM
just wondering how everybody is doing against the raptors. I have a 450 with hrc kit and i was beating some raptors last weekend off of the gate. Both of the raptors were piped as well. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone mono E mono against the raptor.

beefy
04-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Hey I ran my R against a Raptor, Predator, Mod 400ex, Mod 250r, and an lt250r. Honestly the predator gave me a good run, but I still took him. Everyone else got spanked. This was before I Jetted it modified my airbox lid and altered my WB E-series. I also changed the gearing and that really helped alot. You gotta love this quad!

timscherer
04-14-2004, 05:09 AM
I also changed the gearing and that really helped alot. You gotta love this quad!

Beffy,

What is your gearing set at?

Thanks,
Tim

beefy
04-14-2004, 09:16 AM
I went a little different than everyone else. I changed the front to 13 teeth and the rear to 40 then I put on a Renthal gold chain.

Raptorride
04-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Hey guys i am soon to have a raptor my buddy already got his 450r. we used to ride a blaster and a 300ex so we are pretty set on honda and yamaha. I will get some videos of raptor vrs 450r. Ill be able to mod mine b4 him so we can see how it is after that. By the way i have ridden the pred i dont think it would give the 450r a run IMO.

WOracing
04-14-2004, 09:22 AM
now see...i always get confused. Do u guys mean race as in mx or something, or a drag race. Because a raptor smoked me in a drag race, but i take him on the track.

Raptorride
04-14-2004, 09:22 AM
i mean drag we dont ride tracks alot

loon_mhs
04-14-2004, 09:24 AM
I took the raptors off of the gate. All we would do is go to the first corner and we would go back to the gate and do it all over again.

WOracing
04-14-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by loon_mhs
I took the raptors off of the gate. All we would do is go to the first corner and we would go back to the gate and do it all over again.

so basically a drag then...

southbeach14
04-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by loon_mhs
just wondering how everybody is doing against the raptors. I have a 450 with hrc kit and i was beating some raptors last weekend off of the gate. Both of the raptors were piped as well. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone mono E mono against the raptor.

get a good full exhaust like a sparks, and you won't have to worry about it.

Bretmd94
04-14-2004, 11:03 AM
yeah, go sparks and piped raptors wont touch you. I spank my roomates raptor all the time. usually by 3 or 4 bike lengths. We drag at the dunes.

timscherer
04-14-2004, 12:14 PM
In my experience racing mx, I have left the Raptors behind me on my 400ex. Now that I have a 450r set up for mx, Raptors would not have a chance due to handleing and torque comparisons. Not to say that Raptors can not be set-up to be competitive, Raptors from the factory are primarily for trail use and cross country events. There are only two production quads built today from the factory primarily for mx - Honda 450R & Yamaha YFZ 450 - soon to be released a 450 from Suzuki and hopefully the other big manufacturers.

IMO, if you have an ATV, you are one step ahead of most people sitting on the couches. Its all about big fun and good times.

Ride like you stole it!!!!

stryker
04-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by beefy
I went a little different than everyone else. I changed the front to 13 teeth and the rear to 40 then I put on a Renthal gold chain.

Did you have any issue's with the 40t? I was told that there would be guide / skid problems. What do you think about the performance or would you go with the 39 if you did it over. I ride mostly dunes and occasionally some woods.:cool: