PDA

View Full Version : broke 3rd and final frame

justdirt
04-13-2004, 07:05 PM
well just bent the 3rd z400 frame in a year and 3 months. it has been raced a lot but i would never had thought that i would break 3 frames. the latest was at local race i snagged a tree with the right front wheel, was not a very hard hit, and it bent the frame (put a crease in it) right behind the right lower a-arm mount. the frame was supposed to be the latest up to date model and also was fully gusseted with about 4 races on it. i have decided not to race it anymore and will probably be parting it out shortly if anyone is interested in some parts. i will list parts later in for sale section.

shaff107
04-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Can u say 450R! tell thats where its at isnt brian.

BlueZ440
04-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by justdirt
well just bent the 3rd z400 frame in a year and 3 months. it has been raced a lot but i would never had thought that i would break 3 frames. the latest was at local race i snagged a tree with the right front wheel, was not a very hard hit, and it bent the frame (put a crease in it) right behind the right lower a-arm mount. the frame was supposed to be the latest up to date model and also was fully gusseted with about 4 races on it. i have decided not to race it anymore and will probably be parting it out shortly if anyone is interested in some parts. i will list parts later in for sale section.

When are you posting the stuff for sale.

justdirt
04-13-2004, 08:24 PM
when i get back from loretta lynn's i'll decide what i'm going to do, i'm not for sure yet if i'm going to part it out or buy another frame and fix and sell it.

jonathen- that's what i was kinda thinking. i'm getting the old 400ex ready for tenn. i haven't even started it since a mid-south race back in dec., we'll see you guys down there, we are leaving around noon on friday. c-ya.

kyle
04-13-2004, 08:45 PM
welli race gncc and harescrambles everyweekend so if you are seeling some parts let me know what all your gettin rid off and maybe we can do some4 dealing

superz400
04-13-2004, 08:52 PM
IM INTERESTED IN SOME PARTS ALSO

I NEED OIL TANK, SWING ARM AXLE FRONT SHOCKS

kyle
04-13-2004, 08:56 PM
i have a stock swing arm with carrier and stock shocks if that is what you are looking for

superz400
04-14-2004, 07:27 AM
no thanks im looking for after market maybe a lonestar swing arm +1 a +2 axle and some elkas

TCracin440ex
04-14-2004, 03:24 PM
justdirt...u might want to check lsr for a frame....u might be getting a better deal considering you have broke 3, i woulda baught a lsr frame after i broke the 1st one

batgeek
04-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
justdirt...u might want to check lsr for a frame....u might be getting a better deal considering you have broke 3, i woulda baught a lsr frame after i broke the 1st one

thats exactly what i plan to do :D

justdirt
04-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex

the first one was replaced by suzuki, but when i got this one i had it gusseted thinking that maybe it would last longer than 4 or 5 races, but i was wrong. if i keep it i may look into an aftermarket frame but i doubt that i keep it, i guess i'm just ready to move on. i not knocking the z it has been a pretty good quad, just a little weak for racing.

Carl Nevins
04-19-2004, 07:38 PM
my duddy hit a tree yesterday at the taylorville race and just called me after he got it cleaned, i went over and checked it out it's ....ed, the fron't end is about two inches to the right out of line. creased just like yours and some of the welds are cracked. he also ruined a brand new t-9 baja rim first ride if that says anything about them.