PDA

View Full Version : the darkness!!!!

HoNdAdude48
04-13-2004, 06:44 PM
dude the darkness concert last night was awesome!!! the lead singer was crowd surfing & he was like a foot away from me, it was bad ***!!!!

chucked
04-13-2004, 07:04 PM
I touched nick hexums hand like a year ago :eek:

Dill Pickle
04-13-2004, 07:05 PM
well yeah i got to touch his butt :eek2: :devil:

HoNdAdude48
04-13-2004, 07:09 PM
lmao... i rubbed his nipples!:macho

chucked
04-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Dill Pickle
well yeah i got to touch his butt :eek2: :devil:

fruit

brian-250
04-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by HoNdAdude48
lmao... i rubbed his nipples!:macho

buddy theres only one thing that comes from Texas,steers and queers and buddy,you aint got horns!:macho :blah:

RMX500
04-13-2004, 07:17 PM
does the singer clench his groin real hard when he sings or is his voice just naturally higher than that of a 9 year old girl getting her hair pulled out?

HoNdAdude48
04-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
buddy theres only one thing that comes from Texas,steers and queers and buddy,you aint got horns!:macho :blah:

lmao... you got me there, no im strait, just secure with my masulinity, unlike some of us:D :rolleyes:

lmao RMX

chucked
04-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by RMX500
does the singer clench his groin real hard when he sings or is his voice just naturally higher than that of a 9 year old girl getting her hair pulled out?

I freekin hate that guy, (i just remember who were talkin about)

BUILT TO RIDE
04-13-2004, 07:25 PM
lol, i think that guys annoying.

WEEZIL
04-13-2004, 07:29 PM
The darkness is the bomb Sh!+ man now i belive in a thing called love

TheFontMaster
04-13-2004, 08:14 PM
The Darckness is an awsome band, altho that video for i belive in a thing called love is f'd up.

hondafox440
04-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by brian-250

No, it's "Holy dog ****. Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down..."

RMX500
04-13-2004, 08:30 PM
only 2 things in texas.. steers and queers :D

CowsBitePeople
04-13-2004, 08:55 PM
I hate that guy with a passion:rolleyes:

mxdave28
04-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople
I hate that guy with a passion:rolleyes:

Im with him ^^^ thats got to be the dumbest video and worst sounding group of this century....and thats my 2 cents worth:devil:

RMX500
04-14-2004, 01:28 AM
no, alexisonfire is the worst group in history.

at least the guy from the darkness speaks english, the dude from alexisonfire just pukes into the microphone.

zephead400ex
04-14-2004, 10:54 AM
First off, I do not like The Darkness. They are trying to sound like like a true rock-n-roll band, which will never happen imo. Now, the band Jet, they do sound like a true rock-n-roll band. Both bands are from England I believe.

HoNdAdude48
04-14-2004, 11:23 AM
yea, jet does kick-***! but nivana is a real rock band

zephead400ex
04-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by HoNdAdude48
yea, jet does kick-***! but nivana is a real rock band

Nirvan is good...but Led Zeppelin is a REAL rock band, period:macho

HoNdAdude48
04-14-2004, 11:34 AM
no......guns & roses, lol jk all rock is good, as long as its not rap, that **** sux!

ledofthezep
04-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Led Zeppelin is a REAL rock band, period :macho
http://www.kcisp.net/~bking/smilies/3dudesjam.gifhttp://www.kcisp.net/~bking/smilies/headbanging.gif

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s23/smilies-30753.png
http://www.kcisp.net/~bking/smilies/ohyeah.gif

zephead400ex
04-14-2004, 11:39 AM
We're not worthy...

spincr4hire
04-14-2004, 01:12 PM
the Darkness sounds like a bad 80s band.

andrew360
04-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
First off, I do not like The Darkness. They are trying to sound like like a true rock-n-roll band, which will never happen imo. Now, the band Jet, they do sound like a true rock-n-roll band. Both bands are from England I believe.

No, The White Stripes sound like a real, stripped down rock band; Jet takes four (or more?) members to try to sound like the Stripes... Just my .02

zephead400ex
04-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by andrew360
No, The White Stripes sound like a real, stripped down rock band; Jet takes four (or more?) members to try to sound like the Stripes... Just my .02

Well, by no mean would I ever consider the White Stripes as a rock-n-roll band, NEVER. About 6-8 months ago, Rolling Stone had a listing of the best rock quitarist of all time. The dude from the WS was like #6:confused: :huh :huh :huh . That absolutely does not make sense!!! It doesn't matter how many members there are in a band as long as they sound good. I will give it to you, the WS sound "good" for a 2 peice band, but are nowhere near a true rock-n-roll band.

my $1.02:D

hondafox440
04-14-2004, 02:50 PM
No one compares to Led Zeppelin.

And The Darkness just sucks. They dress up in women's clothes and prance around like fairies and sing stupid British songs.

ledofthezep
04-14-2004, 03:53 PM
http://www.kcisp.net/~bking/smilies/cheers.gif

:devil:

zephead400ex
04-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440

Good man!

04-14-2004, 05:17 PM
metallica is the best rock/metal band ever:devil: :macho

AtvMxRider
04-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Dill Pickle
well yeah i got to touch his butt :eek2: :devil: http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/atvmxrider/butt20pincher.gif

AtvMxRider
04-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
No, it's "Holy dog ****. Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down..."

Full metal jacket :D

hondafox440
04-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Full metal jacket :D

Yup. Excellent movie.

"SEVEN-SIX-TWO millimeter.. Full...Metal.. Jacket!"

partyboy300ex
04-14-2004, 08:25 PM
THE DARKNESS ROCKS I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS!:p

andrew360
04-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Well, by no mean would I ever consider the White Stripes as a rock-n-roll band, NEVER. About 6-8 months ago, Rolling Stone had a listing of the best rock quitarist of all time. The dude from the WS was like #6:confused: :huh :huh :huh . That absolutely does not make sense!!! It doesn't matter how many members there are in a band as long as they sound good. I will give it to you, the WS sound "good" for a 2 peice band, but are nowhere near a true rock-n-roll band.

my $1.02:D

Huh? If you trace your roots of rock n' roll, you will find that it has its' origins in blues, particularly delta blues. If you listen (and I mean listen, not hear) to the WS, particularly track #8 off of Elephant, the blues influence is unmistakeable. If you have Kazaa, look for the following:
Let's Build a Home
Ball and Biscuit (unbeleivable guitar playing)
The Union Forever
I Want To Be The Boy To Warm Your Mothers' Heart (great bluesy solo approximately 2:33 minutes into the song)
I will never try to argue that the WS as a band are anywhere near the best rnr band ever, nor would they even rank in the top 20 for most people; however, they are a true rock band. Am I trying to change your mind? Heck no, that's why this board is so entertaining, everyone has their own opinion. As far as JAck's rank at #6, I don't know what to say about that. I feel as though the guy is incredible. He has even designed and built his own amplifier enclosures to find the sound he's looking for. If you're basing this on the "radio cuts" that you've heard, you're missing out. Check out some of those "deep cuts" from the list above.

ledofthezep
04-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Full metal jacket

Was my old man's favorite movie.:o

I AM IN A WORLD OF ****........BOOM!:devil:

zephead400ex
04-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by andrew360
Huh? If you trace your roots of rock n' roll, you will find that it has its' origins in blues, particularly delta blues. If you listen (and I mean listen, not hear) to the WS, particularly track #8 off of Elephant, the blues influence is unmistakeable. If you have Kazaa, look for the following:
Let's Build a Home
Ball and Biscuit (unbeleivable guitar playing)
The Union Forever
I Want To Be The Boy To Warm Your Mothers' Heart (great bluesy solo approximately 2:33 minutes into the song)
I will never try to argue that the WS as a band are anywhere near the best rnr band ever, nor would they even rank in the top 20 for most people; however, they are a true rock band. Am I trying to change your mind? Heck no, that's why this board is so entertaining, everyone has their own opinion. As far as JAck's rank at #6, I don't know what to say about that. I feel as though the guy is incredible. He has even designed and built his own amplifier enclosures to find the sound he's looking for. If you're basing this on the "radio cuts" that you've heard, you're missing out. Check out some of those "deep cuts" from the list above.

OK. Dude, I know all about the origin of r&r...based on Blues like you said. Also, I know what "listening" to music is, not just hearing it. Music is my life, however I do not play an instrument. I never said that Jack is not a good musciain, I just said that imo he should not be ranked the #6 best r&r guitarist of all time, that still baffles me (but Rolling Stone is freakin' joke). I truely understand that the mainstream music played on the radio is sh*t, and will always be sh*t. The music that I like is not played or even mentioned on the radio. I am not being a dick here, but I don't really want to listen to the WS. I have other bands that I enjoy immensly, the WS is not one of them. Again, not saying that Jack and his sister are not talented or put out good music, it is just not my flavor. Just an fyi, the Zeppelin music that I most enjoy are the blues tunes that were based off Muddy Waters' songs.

Again, I am not flaming by any means but I know what kind of music I like and I know what listening to music is. I do not need any telling me how/what music to listen too.

Led Zeppelin

HoNdAdude48
04-15-2004, 10:45 AM
sEX, metalica kicked *** back in the day, they blow now, saint anger blows cock. i dont care how much flaming i get face it there not the same band they used to be. but everyones opinion is different so you cant make everyone agree a band kicks ***

imo, guns and roses, the darkness, smile empty soul, korn, jet, yellowcard, switchfoot, red hot chilie peppers, OLD metalica, and pretty much all rock is awesome, people need to have a more open opinion on things.

the only bands i really hate are linkin park & simple plan

Juggalo
04-15-2004, 03:42 PM
hmm i like all forms of music..from classical to rap to rock to country to techno. works for me you guys should try it :D

chucked
04-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
hmm i like all forms of music..from classical to rap to rock to country to techno. works for me you guys should try it :D

I like all kinds of music except country, reason being wpoc (the local country radio station) only plays about 7 different songs all day long. It actually starts to piss me off after about 2 hours.

04-15-2004, 04:42 PM
anyone ever heard of tool? to date they are like my 3rd fav. band, 2nd being korn and first being pantera:D

chucked
04-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by member
anyone ever heard of tool? to date they are like my 3rd fav. band, 2nd being korn and first being pantera:D [QUOTE]

I love tool, When I first started playing bass I learned lateralus all the way through, I already knew how to play it on guitar so I recorded it on bass and guitar then got my buddy to sing it and another to play drums and I made my own version of lateralus. I can only listen to it on that 4 track recorder by tascam and I sold that to a music store after I quit my band.

andrew360
04-15-2004, 11:58 PM
OK. Dude, I know all about the origin of r&r...based on Blues like you said. Also, I know what "listening" to music is, not just hearing it. Music is my life, however I do not play an instrument. I never said that Jack is not a good musciain, I just said that imo he should not be ranked the #6 best r&r guitarist of all time, that still baffles me (but Rolling Stone is freakin' joke). I truely understand that the mainstream music played on the radio is sh*t, and will always be sh*t. The music that I like is not played or even mentioned on the radio. I am not being a dick here, but I don't really want to listen to the WS. I have other bands that I enjoy immensly, the WS is not one of them. Again, not saying that Jack and his sister are not talented or put out good music, it is just not my flavor. Just an fyi, the Zeppelin music that I most enjoy are the blues tunes that were based off Muddy Waters' songs.

Again, I am not flaming by any means but I know what kind of music I like and I know what listening to music is. I do not need any telling me how/what music to listen too.

Led Zeppelin

Chill out there Professor Plant. Did I try to tell you who you should like? No. I even stated that when I said that "I'm not trying to change your mind." My debate/beef was when you stated that the WS aren't rock. I say they are, you say no... fine, agree to disagree.

chucked
04-16-2004, 05:55 AM
I think its safe to say that you guys fight over everything.

lol
04-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by WEEZIL
The darkness is the bomb Sh!+ man now i belive in a thing called love

i dnt no who they are :huh

andrew360
04-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by chucked
I think its safe to say that you guys fight over everything.

LOL :rolleyes: