PDA

View Full Version : Help! my 440 needs help

Ryan-WB440ex
03-14-2002, 10:04 AM
ok i installed everything listed in my sig with a 160 main and 42 pilot jet. the white brothers pro meg exhaust allows me to adjust it. I am running lean and i only have 8 disc's in my exhaust, the WB manual says i have to add more to make it run richer. my question is should i buy more disc's for the exhaust or send my bike in to get new jets again? also i removed the endcap and it runs a little better. anyone else who uses the WB complete 440 race kit please PM me if you can help. also can i blow up the engine if i run it too rich or lean till i get it setup properly?.:confused:

03-14-2002, 12:46 PM
YOu wanna be RICH over Lean,,,being lean is not a good thing..

oynot400
03-14-2002, 12:50 PM
Lets see if I can help,
It is rare to blow up an engine that is running lean or rich. Yes it is possible but you would have to run for a long period of time and have to be way lean. 4 strokes are more forgiving than 2 strokes. If you are too rich it will load up and run like crap. If you are too rich I would guess that you would foul plugs first.
I would say to read the spark plug and do your jetting off of what you find there. Sorry I am not sure about the disks, I have not had any dealings with that type of exhaust.
If you need any more help just let me know.

03-14-2002, 03:02 PM
well, id run a 45pilot, 2 richer notches onneedle, and watever white bros jett r for ther pipe, and one one size up from that.