PDA

View Full Version : how do blasters go in dunes?????

400exracer
04-13-2004, 03:46 PM
hey im looking for a cheap quad that can go in dunes good.. im thinkin about gettin a blaster how do they go in the dunes???? if a blaster is weak ill just go for a 250r

Jackie
04-13-2004, 04:53 PM
taken a 90ex there. see all kinds..

SANDinMypants
04-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Jackie girl they dont even make a 90ex.Unless this is a new bike. Hey 400ex racer the blaster is a good beginner bike, but if you have the choice between a 250r and blaster, definetly go with the 250r!http://DSCF0024.JPG

400exracer
04-13-2004, 06:43 PM
alright

Jackie
04-14-2004, 05:19 PM
i dont own the 90 it has four wheels is a 4stroke and says honda on it.

#1speedbump
04-14-2004, 10:04 PM
YES Honda makes the 90. Most Blasters are way more affordable than a 250r. They are great in the sand if you arent to big for it. At 6ft 240 lbs a Blaster pulled me everywhere in the Oregon dunes. it wasnt a mind blowing ride but it got the job done. If your under 180lbs it'll be just fine. Save the extra money it would take to buy a 250 and put it into Blaster upgrades from Vito's. But if you got tons of cash then get a 250r and be prepared to spend to your hearts desire because there is No Limit to the parts available to them. I loved the blaster and 250r but made way for my 450r, now I love it!!!!

gir
04-18-2004, 12:31 AM
i personally would say go for neither one. for fun out in the dunes and the best bang for your buck its the banshee out in the dunes. the blaster is allright but kinda tippy and has got enough power to make it up most hills, but its fun level compared to the banshe is like -20 where the banshee would get 39587013894. i would say get a used banshe. stock motor.

gir
04-18-2004, 12:34 AM
but if you have to chose either a blaster or 250r, i would say a blaster if you have like no machanical/engine skills. but if your gonna do some aftermarket suspension then take the 250. the suspension is better on the blaster and the power is good too, but if your gonna spend somemoney on upgrades, get the 250r

Tom TRX250R
04-21-2004, 08:48 PM
the suspension is better on the blaster and the power is good too,

:huh
Take my word for it, Blasters are pathetic. Not only do their power not even compare, they are too DAMN small. I've riden a few in my several years of riding and told myself every time I am glad I'm not riding one of those! If it was down to those two choices I would by far rather have a 250R or 400ex and their prices are pretty reasonable too for one mildly modded out.

XANDADA
04-22-2004, 06:52 AM
I rode a blaster at Glamis for a week and it was fine. Does it compare to my 250r- NO! Did it compare to my old Banshee - NO! However, I was able to make it up every single hill including olds and comp just fine and I had a blast. It was a little uncomfortable because it is a little small for me so do take that into consideration. I'm just under 6' and weight 180lbs. My knees in the sitting position would get in the way of the bars in tight turns (If I owned it I could have put taller bars on it but it was borrowed so that wasn't an option). Best thing to do is take one for a ride and see how it feels to you. Anyone who says it doesn't have the power to make it up the hills just doesn't know how to ride in my honest opinion. The Blaster had a toomey pipe and open air box and that was it. If you can afford it I agree go with the 250r or banshee cause they are indeed much better, but a blaster is just fine for havin a little fun too....:D

Tom TRX250R
04-22-2004, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't go so far as saying that their power isn't sufficient enough to get up hills. Hell an LT80 will get you up hills, its the point of how fast they will get you up. My main concern of the blaster was the size factor. Though I am 6 ft 200 lbs. it felt like a micro machine underneath me. If you are built small then I am sure the blaster would be perfect just not applicable for larger guys like myself. The main point to consider is if you buy a blaster for 1500 and start having to mod it out (A-arms, shocks, pipe, etc etc) then you might as well start with a decent sized machine like a 250R, banshee, or 400ex that you could pick up for about the same amount of money as you would have to dump into the little ******* Blaster just to make it more comfortable.

beastlyblaster5
04-29-2004, 05:42 PM
i ride my blaster in a private pit by me n there r really big hills here n my blaster has a carb portpolish n a pipe reeds n etc n i pull hills like a stock bansheeso a blaster would be the best bang for ure buck n they n pretty fast