PDA

View Full Version : changing clutch lever...help

Texan32
03-14-2002, 08:52 AM
I am about to order an MSR dominator perch and lever. I was told to use the CR250 one because of how much better the pull action in. When i change the perch, will i still ba able to use my factory clutch cable? If not, which one do i use? Please help. I hate ordering parts and then having to wait to put them on cuz i had to order other parts i didn't know i needed.

Thanks

03-14-2002, 09:11 AM
use the stock cable... but from what I have seen you may want to order another stock one just in case.... some but not all who I know have the msr and it freyed them out.

DESDAK4
03-14-2002, 09:24 AM
I bought just an MSR perch and lever at The Sport Shack here in Minot and use the stock cable with out a problem.

Texan32
03-14-2002, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

Wingnut
03-14-2002, 03:54 PM
Texan32, is the lever and perch the replacement version, or the Dominator adjustable version. I have had both the Dominator Adjustable and the CR250 replacement perch and lever. I would strongly recomend the Dominator Adjustable over the replacement perch/lever. The Dominator Adjustable perch/lever is a copy of the Works Connection lever. I believe that the MSR perch and lever that frays clutch cables is the Raptor. The CR250 replacement perch/lever does make the pull slightly easier, but the Dominator Adjustable is a big improvement over the CR250. I hope this wasn't to confusing. Here is a picture of the Dominator Adjustable, this is what my clutch perch/lever looks like.

PsychoDave
03-15-2002, 03:13 PM
i have that lever and it is great.....smooth pull (it has needle bearings)