PDA

View Full Version : how come?

atvrider12764
04-13-2004, 12:50 PM
how come when your riding a jet ski you dont have to wear a helmet? its the same thing as quading

stace609
04-13-2004, 12:52 PM
hitting your head on water != hitting your head on dirt :o

atvrider12764
04-13-2004, 12:53 PM
i know thats what im asking why its a law to wear a helmet on quads but not on jet skis

stace609
04-13-2004, 12:57 PM
:huh

atvrider12764
04-13-2004, 01:03 PM
i dont believe this...the first two replys i got from bluetraxx where mockings about how im a retart for posting the question....why cant we all just get along and talk about the sport we love

04-13-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by atvrider12764
how come when your riding a jet ski you dont have to wear a helmet? its the same thing as quading

Were the heck do you ride your jet ski:huh :huh

sickmojave
04-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Watch out for That floating rock.:huh LOL

why is it that you have a choice to wear a helmet on a street bike but you must wear a seatbelt in a car???:huh

atvrider12764
04-13-2004, 01:05 PM
so everyone is saying if you fall 100 feet into the ocean at 20 mph your not gonna get hurt?

stace609
04-13-2004, 01:10 PM
so everyone is saying if you fall 100 feet into the ocean at 20 mph your not gonna get hurt? :huh :confused: :o

Pappy
04-13-2004, 01:18 PM
so everyone is saying if you fall 100 feet into the ocean at 20 mph your not gonna get hurt?

i figured it out....

DONT JUMP YOUR JET SKI OFF A BRIDGE:macho

stace609
04-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i figured it out....

DONT JUMP YOUR JET SKI OFF A BRIDGE:macho

sounds like some Waterworld stuff to me :eek2: :blah: :macho

TGW_400ex
04-13-2004, 01:27 PM
hittin water goin fast is like hittin a wall

sam the brave
04-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
hittin water goin fast is like hittin a wall
true i jumped off a bridge and when i hit i brused the unerside of my arms and it killed

04-13-2004, 02:26 PM
I would think that wearing a helmet and hitting the water at high speeds could result in a broken neck from the helmet being jerked back so hard from the water. I can see them wearing helmets in jet ski racing but just everyday riding no.

I had a bad wreck on a jet ski years back. Woke up floatin on my back with the jet ski no were in site..:eek: I don't think a helmet would have helped except way my head down and probably make me drown..:(

and quit jumpin off bridges..:huh

TGW_400ex
04-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I would think that wearing a helmet and hitting the water at high speeds could result in a broken neck from the helmet being jerked back so hard from the water. I can see them wearing helmets in jet ski racing but just everyday riding no.

I had a bad wreck on a jet ski years back. Woke up floatin on my back with the jet ski no were in site..:eek: I don't think a helmet would have helped except way my head down and probably make me drown..:(

and quit jumpin off bridges..:huh
helmet w/ neck brace...

roostin_dale
04-13-2004, 08:42 PM
:confused: i dunno what your talking about man. Me and my friend throw ourselves off of our jetski's on purpose because it is fun! It doesn't hurt a bit...

Unless there are some funky @$$ double jumps, tabletops, and whoops in the water then you don't need a helmet

wilkin250r
04-13-2004, 10:13 PM
It's a different terrain, and a different danger. Hit a wave at 25mph with your head, and you could wind up with water in your ears. Hit a tree at 25mph with your head, and if you ever DO wake up, you'll be speaking in one-syllable words for the rest of your life.

Jet-skiing does not pose a serious risk of impact-injury.

knighttime
04-13-2004, 10:50 PM

evidently you dont wear your helmet when quadding and i'm also lookin in my crystal ball and can see that you have had some nasty wrecks while quaddin without wearing this brainbucket or helmet as you call it.

:blah:

atvrider12764
04-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
evidently you dont wear your helmet when quadding and i'm also lookin in my crystal ball and can see that you have had some nasty wrecks while quaddin without wearing this brainbucket or helmet as you call it.

:blah:

becasue of asking that question you think ive had nasty wrecks and dont wear a helmet.....that makes no sense at all.....i asked the question becasue i wouldnt think about not wearing a helmet and alot of people dont on jet skis and its just as dangerous so maybe you should stop jumping to conclusions and think

SGA
04-13-2004, 11:13 PM
I asked the question becasue i wouldnt think about not wearing a helmet and alot of people dont on jet skis and its just as dangerous
Thats your opinion. The facts are: When not wearing a helmet, more people suffer head trauma when thrown off of a quad than when thrown off of a jetski.
I found this on the web.

From the Pennsylvania DNR: In the past five years, almost 33,000 people were treated in emergency rooms for jet ski- and waverunner-related injuries in the US. In Pennsylvania alone, jet skis were involved in 61 percent of all on-water collisions.

Washington, DC - A report released today by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) caused 113,900 injuries requiring emergency room treatment in 2002

Jet skis are just as dangerous? 33,000 injurys in 5 years as opposed to almost 114,000 ATV injurys in one year? Get your facts straight before handing out opinions.

knighttime
04-13-2004, 11:18 PM
becasue of asking that question you think ive had nasty wrecks and dont wear a helmet.....that makes no sense at all.....i asked the question becasue i wouldnt think about not wearing a helmet and alot of people dont on jet skis and its just as dangerous so maybe you should stop jumping to conclusions and think

i already did, chill out dude, if ya think u need a helmet while your out on the waves go for it, but the reason you have to wear a helmet on a quad and not on a jetski is related the amount of serious head injuries in both sports. By the way I never mentioned the word "nasty" in describing your wrecks. How bad were they?

:bandit:

Willfulone
04-14-2004, 08:47 AM
http://ftw.truckmoxie.com/gallery/willfulone/262933.jpg

I have been knocked cold one time, and it was from hitting my head on the ski, coming down from a monster wave in Fla several years ago.

Still I would say no on the helmet issue. A helmet full of water when you are unconsious would be a very bad way to go if you were alone.

The dangers on a ski are mostly the other ski's, boats and unseen objects in the water.

If you ride safe and are not trying a "Flying Indian" off a 8 foot wave, you should be ok...lol

Peace
Willfulone

04-14-2004, 09:10 AM
think of it this way. you dont have to wear a life jacket on a quad do you

Ralph
04-14-2004, 09:20 AM
truthfully i dont think jetskis have a big problem with rolling over at high speed. Most of jetsky accidents is when people loose conrtol and cannot dodge an object beacause they let go of the throttle and try to turn but u gotta give it gas to turn so they just crash.

atvrider12764
04-14-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
i already did, chill out dude, if ya think u need a helmet while your out on the waves go for it, but the reason you have to wear a helmet on a quad and not on a jetski is related the amount of serious head injuries in both sports. By the way I never mentioned the word "nasty" in describing your wrecks. How bad were they?

:bandit:

are you retarted and cant read? you did use the word nasty in describing my so called "wrecks" its right there in plain sight just check your post over......and actually ive never been in a wreck with another quad and have never really gotten to hurt on a quad yet becasue im safe and alway wear my helmet