PDA

View Full Version : please help vavle adjustment gone wrong.

Sick0
03-13-2002, 09:32 PM
I tighten the vavles like tech section said. the engine started to smoke from the top end. Did tighten them to much. Also i have a ticking sould in the motor, is this the vavles or is this ok.

VegasEx'r
03-13-2002, 10:30 PM
It seems like every time I work on my quad, it smokes for a couple of seconds then stops. Does it constantly smoke, or did it do it for jus t a few seconds & then stop? If it constantly smokes, can you tell where exactly it is coming from? The ticking sound could be the valves, but it is tough for me to tell without actually hearing it. The only ticking I have ever heard is from the chain when I am riding it, so you may want to chack your valve clearances again.

shook
03-14-2002, 09:30 PM
sounds to me like you didnt get that right exhaust valve adjusted right it has the comp. release on it. It allows that valve to open to allow some of the comp. to leak off making it easier to turn over try adjusting that one valve again and make sure you dont let the motor turn in I cant remember whicj=h direction it tells you in the tech section i believe you are supposed to turn it in a counter clockwise motion so it dont engage when trying ti adjust the valves.The smoke is from all that gas coming in and it cant get all the exhaust out due to the one valve only opening half of what it is supposed to it s the exhaust having touble getting out check that valve and I think youll be ok. and remember .004 on in. and .005 on exhaust.