View Full Version : Best rear mx tire??

stonerider250x
04-12-2004, 06:54 PM
i need new rear tires to race mx with. im am trying to decide between the ITP holeshot's, kenda klaws, and turf tamers. right now im kinda leaning toward the turf tamers. is this a good desicion? i will be running grooved radials on the front.

04'400ex'er
04-12-2004, 09:03 PM
I would go with the holeshots, out of the tires you listed. I would strongly consider looking into maxxis razr's, though. they provide excellent hookup, but slide too.

04-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Tamers - Cheap and will do the trick if youre racing on hard packed dirt.

Holeshots MX/MXR - Great hook up ini any condition, but wear extremely fast.

Razr MX - Great hook up in wet muddy conditions but slide a little to much for some people but last a long time.

Kendas - Last Long and hook up great in anything.

I think its a toss up between Razr MX and Kenda's. Both are cheaper then Holeshots, last much longer, and still hook up excellant.

SnellCRP
04-13-2004, 08:28 AM
I have ran grooved turf tamers mostly, but then switched to the Razrs and the Razrs slid way to much for me. When I would go into a flat corner no matter what the soil was like they would just spin like I was on ice. I adjusted the air pressure up/down and it really didn't change that much. I have not had a chance to try the Kenda Klaw's or Knarlys, but I will probably get them next. I have seen also that like TeamCRC said the holeshots wear EXTREMELY fast. One day of practice on a dry dusty track and they will be toast. As of now I still prefer the grooved turfs, but have yet to try the kenda. :)

04-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Kenda's hands down.

stonerider250x
04-13-2004, 04:11 PM
im gonna order a set of klaws from C&D:D :cool:

Florida400EX
04-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Are you riding hard pack or soft packed dirt? Remeber; Klaws for hard packed, Knarlies for medium and soft pack.

stonerider250x
04-13-2004, 04:31 PM
out of the 2 tracks on my series that ive been to so far the first was hardpacked clay and the second was hard packed dirt eccept in the turns where it had been rutted up by all the bikes. so i think the klaws will be better.

NoWingNoPrayer
04-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Klaws:D