PDA

View Full Version : whos bought a roller then got the motor separate

brandonpeake
04-12-2004, 06:03 PM
sold my bike and ive been exploring some options about buying a roller then getting a modded motor and putting it together, anyone done this, is it worth it
i know its going to be more work but ive found a nice deal on a roller and have spotted myself a motor and harness already have an exhaust and some other things and i think i xould end up with a better quad for less money im worried about needing some bolts or something and getting hammered from honda, but i saw on ebay there is a frame bolt kit u can buy,
got opinions or whatever i think i can have a running bike with a modded motor for under 2500 maybe im wrong but thats what ive figured but i might go ahead and get a fcr carb and stuff while im doing it, thanks guys

turnandburn
04-12-2004, 07:01 PM
i have bought two basket case building the second now. overall about the same price as buying one and modding it and the frame bolt kits arn't all they are cracked up to be. have all the side engine case bolts in it and some other bolt for things i wasn't looking for. I will have approx $5000 in my 416 project including original purchace of the basket case and i have bought alot of used stuff also.

nacs400ex
04-12-2004, 07:57 PM
It all depends what kinda of quad your wanting to build. If your looking into all aftermarket stuff (frame, swinger, shocks, aarms, axle etc..) then I would just build it from the ground up. If its going to be mostly stock buy a full quad.

brandonpeake
04-13-2004, 06:25 AM
yeah i had thought that would be the case