PDA

View Full Version : post your crash stories here!!!

kamikazee400ex
04-12-2004, 04:48 PM
I have a 2004 400ex. i only had it for two months now. it is my first quad but i knew how to ride for a while. i can ride a wheelie to im blue in the face, i can jump any kind of jump no problem. i can ride flat out.

but this one day me and my boys were on a trail (one raptor, one warrior) and i was in front i hit 3rd gear hard and was coming up to a little turn in the trail. i hit the turn hot a little to hot my bike jumped up and was in the air directly aimed at a tree. i manage to miss the tree with the front of the bike but the tree hit my rear axle and sent me and the bike flying in different directions. i was 10 feet up on the right and my back was 15 feet up on the left. i blacked out. my boys told me it looked like a car crash. i got up and walked away fine but my baby had a bent axle. now im waiting for my axle and havent rode in two weeks. it was an ugly crash

quad_racer_19
04-12-2004, 04:50 PM
when i was littel it was my dfirst time driving my dad's sled and i guess i accidentaly cracked it open and flew across the driveway and ran into our van

then last year i jsut separated my shoulder the wind kinda took me and when i landed sideways the impact launched me from my quad...thats how i also bent my axle

theTman
04-12-2004, 04:51 PM
to be honest.. ive never really "crashed".. ive flipped it a few times hittin corners to fast..and i flipped it over backwards doin a wheelie.. no real crash yet...but itll come..lol

brian-250
04-12-2004, 04:55 PM
heh heh heh,old as hell and beat up trx 125+one hill 300ft tall staight up and washed out at the top=one trashed quad,you fill in the blanks:devil:

partyboy300ex
04-12-2004, 05:11 PM
well...ive had lost of crashes on my sportmen 500...but my mosy recent one was on my 300ex i got hit by a truck and went over the bars on pavement it hurt..i bent the rim and i hadda get a new spindle and brake didnt do anything to the truck:p

mxdave28
04-13-2004, 11:16 AM
hehehe.....yea like which story do ya want? :D i had an entire season where everytimei showed up i was asked if i was going to keep it upright this time:blah:

I'll let u choose, the breaking my back+ story.....the getting sideswiped in the holeshot story...or the coming up short on a triple and cracking a rip+ story

04-13-2004, 11:29 AM
oh oh! when i was on the Wolverine i was drag racing my friend on his kodiak and i had never lost to anyone ever in adrag race until then...so at the end he started to slow down and i floored it and was 5th gear pinned...then went into a ditch and jumped into the brush and flew off....i was heart shaken....lol 2 weeks after i got it to.

JDiablo
04-13-2004, 11:33 AM
i did a thread about something liek this....man i felt so bad for this one guy though.....he was riding and there was barb wire i think he said and it sliced his neck:eek2: ....thats it i got groused(sP)out from there...looked nasty to...lol

theTman
04-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
i did a thread about something liek this....man i felt so bad for this one guy though.....he was riding and there was barb wire i think he said and it sliced his neck:eek2: ....thats it i got groused(sP)out from there...looked nasty to...lol

i rememebr that.. it was pretty nasty...

JDiablo
04-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by theTman
i rememebr that.. it was pretty nasty...

ya they had some pretty good crashes over on that other thread that HURT!!!:eek2:

Quad18star
04-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Mine involves me , a 3 inch branch , my stomach , a helicopter ride , a week in ICU and over a month in the hospital . Oh I was also about 10 to 15 feet up when I landed on the branch .

chucked
04-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Almost a year ago I broke my ankle, dont remember exactly what happened besides a jump being involved. But last friday I rode a wheelie in 3rd and it came back to far, hit the grab bar and flipped over onto its side, bending up the rim and my handlebar lights.

Wired
04-13-2004, 03:46 PM
a few weeks ago riding the dunes i took a pretty hard fall off a polaris predator. there was a nice lip off a razr back and there wasnt much of a landing but i thought i could land on it anyways.... well i hit the jump 4th pinned on the predator got ready for the landing, landed a little harder then i thought as the front tires landed last the quad literally bounced with me on it 20 ft and while in the air of the bounce the quad got sideways so i bailed pile driving my already injured shoulder into the sand. knocked the wind out of me and could barely move my shoulder but had to get up and finish out the shoot with 2 more hours of riding to go.... ****tiest day of riding to date!!!! :o at least i had some fun at glamis when i hyper extended my left elbow... lol

p.s. THE last shoot i ever do on a stock predator period! 2 is already too many.

04-13-2004, 04:24 PM
i Was 12 when this happend i whent over a 15 foot jump and i was riding my xr70 **** i Whent Flying over the bars and my bike landed on me tthen in came my 7 year old bro on his z 50 he landed on my foot it killed i was rushed to hospitiol

JDiablo
04-13-2004, 04:31 PM
all of these feel like they hurt jus a lil bit...lol espically that one with the helicopter ride...i rember you telling me that a couple times before

04-13-2004, 04:32 PM
This happened to me on my YZ 125. Throttle stuck right before a I hit a jump,(didn't even have time to hit the kill switch) I bailed, the bike landed and keeped going until it jumped a berm and went ino the woods.
Ended up breakin my arm,Fractured my knee and spained both ankles. I guess he cable was frayed and caused it to stick.

But now im back and still riding:devil:

416exmx
04-13-2004, 07:34 PM
i had a spill once and here is what my face looked like.. ripped it open to the jaw bone, 120 stitches..