PDA

View Full Version : case saver

crookedeyemoto-x
03-13-2002, 08:21 PM
Does any company make an aftermarket case saver forthe 40ex when using a 16 tooth front sprocket? like kandk, or nac's?

Quadfather
03-13-2002, 08:32 PM
email Leo, and ask him about the one he sells in the store. It's a work of art. I put mine on, and seemed to have plenty of room to spare. I have a 15 tooth sprocket on.

VegasEx'r
03-13-2002, 10:03 PM
The stock one works with a 16t, but it requires a bit more patience to get it on. I am one of the least patient people on the planet & I did it, so I imagine most could. The trick is to put the sprocket on the chain, then put the case saver around the chain, then slide the sprocket onto the shaft while holding the case saver in place. Terry over at Marcum's told me that you could do it, & to be honest, I didn't believe him, but when I tried it like he said it worked :cool: . I have taken the 16t off since then, & there is a tiny bit of wear on the case saver (if the case saver were the face of a clock, the wear would be at 7 & 10), but it is minimal, and I don't see any wear/damage to the chain.

Leo
03-14-2002, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Quadfather
email Leo, and ask him about the one he sells in the store. It's a work of art. I put mine on, and seemed to have plenty of room to spare. I have a 15 tooth sprocket on.

I *think* a 16-tooth will fit with the case saver / chain guard that's in the store, but I don't have a 16 laying around to try it on..

crookedeyemoto-x, if you want to order one to try, and it doesn't fit I'll happily refund your money..

Leo

gojk
03-14-2002, 09:55 AM
HOw much for that Leo and what type of payments do you take?:) :cool:

Leo
03-14-2002, 03:56 PM
$64.99 + shipping (3.50 for US priority mail, 2-3 day transit time)..

mastercard / visa / money order

all the ordering details can be found in the EXriders.com store (http://www.thump-racing.com)

Leo

crookedeyemoto-x
03-14-2002, 05:45 PM
thanks vegas exer and leo i did as you said putting the sprocket on the chain then case saver ariund it then slid it on works great . it only rubs a little. i will probably take it to work and grind a little off of the case saver. Eventually i want to buy one of those trick billet ones from the store.thanks again everyone for you info