PDA

View Full Version : blaster vs. 300ex

jpontius05
04-12-2004, 11:04 AM
could somebody please do a comparison between the two? speed, handling, quality, etc. i am trying to decide whether or not to sell my 300ex. I want something w/ more power, but don't have much $.
-jesse

dirtmomma
04-12-2004, 11:27 AM
WEll we have both & our blaster is faster than my 300 FOR NOW!! The kid hits 6th & he's gone LOL But now my quad is in getting some head work done so we'll see when it gets done. My personal opinion is the 300 rides like a cadillac compared to the blaster. If you want stock for stock I might have to say the blaster just cuz it's a 2 stroke JMO GOOD LUCK!!

JDiablo
04-12-2004, 11:35 AM
stock for stock the blaster is a lil bit faster then the 300ex,but in everything else it kills it,im thinking the only reason the blaster is a lil faster is cause it a two stroke and like dirtmomma said it has a 6th gear so it will take off a lil more

Ryan
04-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Definitly not worth selling your 300ex over. If you want more power, buy a 400ex. They are selling really cheap nowadays!

bradley300
04-12-2004, 09:11 PM
i have both, i rode a stock 300ex all last year and a stock 2003 blaster this year.

i honestly think the blaster is the better machine now that it has disk brakes.

its lighter, accelerates quicker and has a higher top speed, not to mention it also stops quicker. last but not least, its all around just a more fun machine to ride. not to mention, the cost of buying the two new, you save 1about 1500 bukcks by getting a blaster, witch is enuff the make up for the worse suspention.

it does have its down falls over the 300ex,
suspension- geomtry is less than par compared to a 300, not really too bad in the front, but the rear shock and geomtry really hold the machine back, you'll go just as fast on a blaster, but the 300's rear suspension makes it a little easier.

gas-compared to a 300, it sucks gas, not an issue if you do mx, but not so great when you run xc.
you'll also have to mix it if you dont trust the oil injector

good things:
wieght- after riding a blaster, the 300ex feels like a tank, 50 lbs is a huge difference waether you think so or not

brakes-actually, they are the exact same brakes that the 300ex has, but once again, weight makes a difference, stops a alittle better than a 300ex

width- its a little over 5 inches narrower than a 300ex, so if your into xc racing, this is REAL nice, a little more tippy than a 300ex, but honestly, not bad enuff to make a big deal out of it

i'm sure i can think of more,and if i do, i'll edit my post
for now, i have made my decision, my 350ex will be for sale in a few months, and i'm modding the crap out of my blaster

250rmike
04-13-2004, 06:50 PM
i have rode both my friends tired old 93 300ex with only a loud arse dg pipe on it and i had my 2000 blaster with tires rims dg pipe/silencer k&n and reeds and honestly the blaster is faster by only alittle bit stock for stock but the 300 chassis and suspension is alot better whether your just in trails or on the track. now you can moddify the blaster alot easier motor wise to make it alot faster than the 300 with less money and some suspension on the blaster and it will beat a 300. if i were you i would send my motor to a good engine builder fst, powroll, mickey dunlap someone like them and get more power out of it. just remember you can only go as fast as your suspension will take you so youll have to think about that also