PDA

View Full Version : blaster?

bikes_rule
04-12-2004, 10:51 AM
what do you think about a blaster. I am thinking about getting a used wheeler and blasters sem to be pretty cheap. are they any good? how fastdo they go? is it good for wheelies?

Atreyu
04-12-2004, 10:53 AM
They're good for the money and can be made very fast. But keep in mind, you get what you pay for.

2001400ex
04-12-2004, 10:57 AM
When I sit on my brothers I am cramped. I'm 5'8" I don't like blasters because it feels like you are on a little circus bike that the clowns ride on...

Big400EX
04-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
When I sit on my brothers I am cramped. I'm 5'8" I don't like blasters because it feels like you are on a little circus bike that the clowns ride on...

True, I just went to the dealership with my friend and he just bought the 2003 Blaster. I sat on the one they had in the shop and it's pretty small. Im as tall as you.

Luckily for me im getting a 400.

2001400ex
04-12-2004, 04:12 PM
400 is the perfect size for me I like it, sometimes it can still throw me around but that's the fun of it...:devil:

SadisticShee
04-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Mine used to top out at 59 MPH and i could wheelie it fro 1st to 4th. Good quads if i do say

sam the brave
04-12-2004, 05:41 PM
fun as hell to ride
easy to wellie

Ryan
04-12-2004, 05:45 PM
I liked mine alot..... But now that I hit about 5'11-6ft, It got tight so I sold it....

They are nice little bikes..... But mine has broken down more times than I can count.

chucked
04-12-2004, 06:20 PM
There used to be a blaster around that could beat a stock 400ex, he had everything done to it and that thing freekin screamed, then it blew up.

2001400ex
04-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by chucked
There used to be a blaster around that could beat a stock 400ex, he had everything done to it and that thing freekin screamed, then it blew up.

That's the thing with screamers...they're fun while they last...but they don't scream for long. That's why I love my Honda four stroke...it sure as hell can take a beating:devil:

bulkdriverlp
04-16-2004, 10:45 PM
my boss has a 95 blaster with the big bore kit and a bunch of other stuff. he wouldnt have anything else. burns race gas stinks like hell! he says their simple to work on basic nothin to complicated good little trail quad. i think they suck we had to stop a lot of times for him to take the top of his carb apart and monkey with the mixture or something i dunno. honda fourstroke is for me no grease zert fittings, no break-in period,change the oil once a year your done, no messsin around 2 strokes are for young people who have the energy to kick their leg out of the socket trying to get them started, hehe ill push my button.ed

chucked
04-17-2004, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
my boss has a 95 blaster with the big bore kit and a bunch of other stuff. he wouldnt have anything else. burns race gas stinks like hell! he says their simple to work on basic nothin to complicated good little trail quad. i think they suck we had to stop a lot of times for him to take the top of his carb apart and monkey with the mixture or something i dunno. honda fourstroke is for me no grease zert fittings, no break-in period,change the oil once a year your done, no messsin around 2 strokes are for young people who have the energy to kick their leg out of the socket trying to get them started, hehe ill push my button.ed

no break in period?, you only change the oil once a year? I wish mine had grease fittings.

SSracingNY
04-18-2004, 04:42 PM
i love mine but im a lil big for it and im goin back to 2wheels. thats why im sellin mine

WOracing
04-18-2004, 05:34 PM
You know mike...u will regret going back to 2 wheels;)

SSracingNY
04-18-2004, 05:41 PM
no, you will b/c now when i roost you, it will actually hurt:devil:

WOracing
04-18-2004, 06:43 PM
LOL just remember mike....i got the 450r now:D i will be roostin you. Good times roostin by the way:)

Pauly-Dog
04-19-2004, 07:22 AM
I've had a couple of blasters an 89 and a 96(bought the 96 new),the things I liked most is that they seem to be nearly indestructable,very relieable,and easy to ride, very nice first quad or the next step after your kid out grows their 90 cc. The only draw back to buying a Blaster is resale, they dont sell for high dollar, but they do sell

dirtmomma
04-19-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp

Sounds to me like he needed to dial it in if he's havin stop & mess w/ it!! Ours doesn't have one bit of a problem on the track or trail :) just got back from camping last night & the kid rode the tires off of it & gave his Dad a good run for his $$ :eek: