PDA

View Full Version : 300ex problems.. wont run :(

Towlieee
04-12-2004, 07:48 AM
My friend has a 02 300ex.. It has K&N filter, no air lid, fmf pipe no silencer..

Yesterday we rode it most of the day from noon-4.. then we shut it off for a while and came back around 7 to ride again, and i was riding it through trails and it started pudding out when i gave it gas like the gas was shut off (happens all the time) so i checked and it was on.. then I thoguth it might be down so I put it to reserve.. It took about 5 min of trying to start then it started and ran fine for about another 30 min.. Then it did it again.. this time i filled the gas tank to the top.. woulden't run...

we gave it about 20 min to cool down (wasen't any warmer then usual) then it started rigth up.. but only made it like 1000ft and died..

Now we were running a 132 a week ago on the main but it was WAY to lean, so we went with a 138 (2 higher) and I think it was slightly to rich.. However its been runnin fine on that jet for a week..

so we even re jetted back to the 132, still same problem..

I'v tried driving it full choked, 9/10 choke, 3/4 choke, 1/2 choke, no choke..
Tried letting it warm up slowly..

The ONLY way I can keep it running is to blip the throttle repetedly, and it still usually dies in a couple seconds..

Also its backfiring pretty often..

anyone please help!

oh yea 50 hours on the oil, dont know the type/brand

dirtmomma
04-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Might try cleaning the carb, should probably change the oil ;) Almost sounds like you might have a kink in your fuel line?? Or maybe something is plugged Good Luck!!

LdiBiTi300EX
04-12-2004, 08:12 AM
I had the same problem on mine...

I only cleaned the carb and he was ready to ride. Do the same thing and I think that will work or do the basic maintenance. Be carefulll with k&n Filter if u dont oil it carefully ur 300ex will die assssappppp ;)

Did u do the basic maintenance ? - Check spark plug
- Clean the air filter
- Adjust ur carb
-Change ur oil

98 300EX

- FMF Fulll System
- RaZr2 Front and Rear Tires
- Uni Air filter
- Some kind Of Jet kits...
- 400EX Radiator and Light!

Towlieee
04-12-2004, 12:56 PM
how exactly should I go about cleaning the carb?

I have some carb cleaner...

should I take it apart? or soak the inside while its together?

UglyMotha™
04-12-2004, 01:53 PM
when your mom ain't looking toss it in the dishwasher :o

Towlieee
04-12-2004, 07:49 PM
figured it out..

the breather tube on top of the gas tank was kinked by the handlebars, so it coulden't breath :)

dirtmomma
04-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Towlieee
figured it out..

the breather tube on top of the gas tank was kinked by the handlebars, so it coulden't breath :)

DOH...........see I'm getting better hehehe :D :D ;)