PDA

View Full Version : Double hernia surgery!!!

jst
04-11-2004, 10:59 PM
I am currently recovering from a dbl hernia.How long will it be before I can ride again?Please speak from personal experience.The surgery was in the groin area not the abnomin.

RMX500
04-11-2004, 11:03 PM
ask your doctor. nobody here has the jurisdiction to tell you.

Quad18star
04-11-2004, 11:08 PM
I didnt have a hernia removed or anything , but I did just come out of the hospital for abdominal surgery and I was told 6 to 8 weeks at no lifting over 20 lbs , so basically no riding for 6 to 8 weeks . Ive been out for over a week now , and I think Im gunna start slowly ridding in the next week or so to get my strength back . But like it was said , ask your Doctor and take things slow .

jst
04-12-2004, 12:29 PM
I was not asking for permission only peoples personal experiences.My doctors appt. is wed. and I was trying to figure out what to expect.

Quad18Star

That seems to early to me,I am in very good physical condition and have even considered a ride down the driveway.Be cautious.
Two years ago A friend of mine (Jason Luburgh) broke his arm and started back to riding too early and it never healed correct forcing him to sit out the last part of last years Nationals because of a reoccuring injury.

JDiablo
04-12-2004, 01:20 PM
my dad had surgey on a hernia about 8-9 weeks ago....this past weekend he was riding on the ozark and it seemed ok...but when he got home he said it started hurting a lil bit....but the thing is...the nerves were the operated by they got disturbed and therfore they are like binding up against each other from what my dad told me and it burns like a mofo he said....just thought i would put that in for you,that prolly in less then 3 months you will be riding again,trust me wait it out,you don't want to mess yourself up even more and cause yourself even more pain:)

powerslider
04-12-2004, 03:00 PM
6weeks you should be able to ride just go easy at first. I went back to work after 6 weeks so that says green light to me.

Ross318
04-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Just do what the doc tells you

SadisticShee
04-12-2004, 05:16 PM
What did your doc say?